In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cerakote

patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Does anybody have any experience with this coating? Is it good or bad? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cerakote is great and if you have a compressor, good spray gun, and an oven, you can DIY. There is a Utube on it.

Do not confuse with Duracoat. Duracoat is a good way to Eff up a good gun.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here?s my poly80 with Burnt Brinze Cerakote slide.

It turned out really nice and the Cerakote seems top notch.

yPs7Mcml.jpg
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cerakote is fantastic. I use it on engraved guns. No kind of solvent will remove it once it is cured. Even aircraft paint remover will not take it off. It must be applied as directed.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    My custom Essential Arms AR-15, is coated with flat OD green, with black Magpul furniture. I Love it.

Bulletproof coating. Highly recommend.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    Cerakote is great and if you have a compressor, good spray gun, and an oven, you can DIY. There is a Utube on it.

Do not confuse with Duracoat. Duracoat is a good way to Eff up a good gun.

If not done properly it is. Otherwise Duracoat is great stuff.

Cerakote is also really good stuff if applied properly. I have a Remington 870 that as the barrel & action Cerakoted Tungsten. It is pretty sweet looking and while it's relatively new, it has held up excellent.

Jon
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had about 8 firearms coated over about 10 years and am very happy with the results. It's very important that you use an experienced shop. PM me if you want my vendor's contact.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use it on engine parts. I had the intake professionally done, but I did the water pump and alternator myself. main thing is to get the parts CLEAN. I never put the parts I did in an oven. I let them air dry for 5 days. coating is still there
    t7cbmPwl.jpg