In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just purchased a vintage camping trailer today

HobbyGuyHobbyGuy Member Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
Finally, the search is over! I've been looking for something small, yet not too small, vintage, yet not archaic, a project, yet not a basket case money pit. Hopefully, this will do the job. It's an early 1960's Beeline "Wasp" (only 13'). After some minor body work, it will receive a more appropriate paint job. Likely back to the original factory pattern. We've got a perfect pair of baby half moon rims that should improve the appearance of the wheels too.

BeelineWaspCampingTrailer.jpg

I can't wait to get started on the interior. I'm going to ultimately gut, install new wiring and plumbing, then use the original wood components as templates for new materials (with improvements and upgrades as appropriate). Insulation and ventilation are going to be main focal points. I've seen too many poorly designed campers that their owners suffer with during hot or cold weather. My mother-in-law is very skilled with upholstery and I enjoy woodworking, cabinetry, plumbing and electronics. Restoration projects are always a good challenge and I expect this will have it's gremlins too. This should be a fun, comfy and convenient trailer by Spring of 2008. [^]

Jim

Comments