In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charles Daly @ the range ??????

abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
O.K. , here we go...first of all we have sold several of the C.D. 1911 45's , all with No Problems , and a few of their pump shotguns???
Well this morning we went to the 'range' for dept qualifications (by the way I shot a "PERFECT" score Again!!!), well , the chief sent a Charles Daly (new dept. shot-gun) with us ....JUNK !!!!! out of 50 rounds , four (4) double feeds , three (3) lock-ups?, one (1) failure to eject an empty hull ...Junk...I had a good talk with the Chief after we returned back to the dept.
Geez....I will Not depend on this thing , may make a good boat anchor!
In the morning I'm contacting Charles daly ?????wish me luck ........
Thanks !!!
d.a.stearns
Gunsmith / LEO
Niota , Tn

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    No Comments ??? Hard to Believe.......
    [?][?][?][?][?]
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
    [8D]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Y'all should have known better than to purchase a dept. gun from CD.. Is money that tight?
  • Options
    jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    only charles daly firearms i hsve seen were priced wrong for me to try probably won't try any cz stuff either
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well ,
    the "ex-chief" purchased these before he was asked to leave ??? Yes they had a real "money crunch" among other things ...But , a new chief , most all new personnel , maybe a new ball-game ...any-how , the charles daly epasode was just a night-mare ...Hopefully we can get these replaced SOON ....
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dont understand, remingtons aren't expensive
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    neither are mossys. Stay away from the Mavericks though
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mossberg is cheap and reliable.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Duty we carry a Mossberg 590 DA which rides in a shotgun lock beside my console along with the Bushmaster AR-15 which rides in the trunk.I love the Mossberg 590 DA I would say IMHO they dont come any better, I have never found a fault in mine or none of the other guys I know. As for the CD Semi-Auto shotgun Ive heard both good and bad about their handguns, but Ive heard little about their shotguns. I bought one to hunt Bushy Tails etc on rainy days when I didnt want to take my others out, and Ive had no problem at all with it feeding or ejecting. It actually shoots pretty good patterns,its just not as smoothe as some other of the more expensive semi-auto shotguns, nor does it shoulder for me as well. As they say I guess even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. Stay Safe!
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a CD off this site years ago...Nice semi-auto! BUT...NOT the quality or dependability suited for LEO's..!! Just not built well enough! Find a company like J&G that will buy the entire lot and or trade for some Remington 870s.......
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one of their Semi-auto 12ga's. Was a total hunk of junk. All the rounds liked to come out of the mag tube at once. Completely locking up the action.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    The only CD that I have seen/used was an SxS that was made in Italy in the early 60s. It was a very well made gun, but CD doesn't make guns- just contracts for their mfg; so depending on the actual maker, the gun can be anywhere on the scale.

I would think for a large quantity, the owner would want a reliable source for parts and service, which would mean dealing with the maker- which would eliminate CD from the eligible list, in favor of those that actually make the guns, such as Remington or Mossberg.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what has america come down to when someone must conclude that mossberg is a good firearm....[:(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    give me a good old Ithaca 37 or a Remington 870 anyday. Proven performance!!![:D]
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an older Charles Daly OU trap that I wouldn't think about selling!
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    what has america come down to when someone must conclude that mossberg is a good firearm....[:(]

I can rememmber back in college when i went hunting with friends I had an Ithaca, another guy had a Rem. 1100, but the guy that got teased the most was the guy with the Mossberg, or Mossberger, or Mossberger with Cheese, or Mooseberger, or whatever insult we could think of.

25 years later things have got so bad at Rem. and Winchester that mossberger has become respectable.