In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Dr." Michael Savage......

bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
of "Savage Nation" radio show fame.

Genius,Idiot,Pawn,Sensationalist,other?

What say the forum?

Comments

• Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    I don't listen to him... should I?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I used to read Doc Savage novels when I was a kid. Is this a different guy?
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like him, but a little to far right for me on some issues.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage is a radio name. I don't recall his real name but he has a real Ph.D. (from Berkley of all places) in some clinical science field. He is as far right-wing as they come. Makes Limbaugh and Liddy look liberal by comparison. He's also not always polite to callers and sometimes is downright insulting or worse. He is famous for telling one gay caller that he wished all gays would get AIDS and die. He was dumped from a bunch of stations around the country for that one.

I used to listen to him once in a while but my local affiliate dropped him after the gay comment. A smart guy but way over the top.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigt7mm
    of "Savage Nation" radio show fame.

Genius,Idiot,Pawn,Sensationalist,other?
    What say the forum?

YES!
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    I used to read Doc Savage novels when I was a kid. Is this a different guy?

043.jpg
    I don't think their the same[:D][:D]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I listen to him occasionally. He is a sensationalist who happens to be very intelligent. Some of his positions I agree with, sometimes he is so off base I switch stations.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I listened to him till he became a bushshipper...like so many of the "Rightwing" talk radio entertainers, he does in public what Monica had the decency to do behind closed doors.

When he gets off that subject, he can be spot-on with much of what he says.
    Screw the politically correct trash.."Hurting" somebodys feeling because the truth is being told is just too bad.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Nationally syndicated - out of San Francisco - antigay -
    has a pretty sharp 'mind image' of what ails America.
    Doesn't like Bush, phony Dems/Repub politicians. He's
    one of those guys who I often find it hard to argue with.

I like the guy![:D]

Checking out his site might clear things up a bit!

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked to listen to him but the local station dumped him and put on Bill O'Reiley.I would as soon listen to crows sqwauk as hear O'Reiley.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    - quote:antigay -Anti-gay.."In Your Face" Might be more to the point...Militant Gays, in other words....
    quote:Doesn't like Bush,Doen't like bush concerning the barbarians swarming over the borders..I quit listening to him a year ago over his love affair with the little war president.
    A few weeks ago I tuned him in and was shocked to find that PART of the affair was over, at least....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah Highball,I found his dislike of Bush rather interesting myself.
    Any comments?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can understand voting for bush, after 8 years of previous sleeze.

I am at a loss to understand one still supporting him after the steady erosion of rights and freedoms brought to us by him. I would assume that Savage finally got a belly-full and decided to actually think about things again.
    Just an opinion, you understand.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes,of course.

He just,occasionally,seems to speak what is on many people's mind and that without regret.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What other people call "radical" about Savage...I find refreshing. There has never been a time in America when we all needed the plain truth spoken plainly...and Savage is right more often then wrong. Because he pulls no punches..he is hated by many.
    A sign of emasculation..the inability to listen to a plain spoken person without rejecting the message because of the tone of voice...or using words that are not politically correct.
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BigT.......camping pics?
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I agree with "Zippers" assesment of Dr. Savage. I like him too. Find him entertaining, but he can go over the top sometimes and almost have the big one right on the air.

He gets so frustrated and angry sometimes he leaves the show for a few days. But he has the goods on most of the politicians. An interesting program.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to listen to him, but he developed the same problem Rush Limbaugh has. Takes him forever and a day to say anything, and sometimes he talks for hours without saying anything. Stopped listening to both of them for the same reason.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fugawe,don't have any digipics-ellie had the camera. Took pics with a disposable but waiting on Joey to get 'em developed. Yawn...

Nothing too interesting,sorry to say.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember the day of the OKC bombing. Savage made a blithering idiot of himself accusing the ragheads and saying he wished he were at home loading his shotgun etc. That was about the time i stopped listening to him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jana Davis, KFOR reporter, channel 4, I think..out of Oklahoma city...has written a book detailing Middle Easten involvement in the OKC bombing. The guy she wrote about sued her for slander...and she beat him in court...

She claims she has all the proof necessary to bring other people to justice over the bombing....the Govenment is not interested...indeed, tried to prevent her investigation....imagine that....
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Jana Davis, KFOR reporter, channel 4, I think..out of Oklahoma city...has written a book detailing Middle Easten involvement in the OKC bombing. The guy she wrote about sued her for slander...and she beat him in court...

She claims she has all the proof necessary to bring other people to justice over the bombing....the Govenment is not interested...indeed, tried to prevent her investigation....imagine that....

Janet Reno did it...