In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Magna Carta

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
I'm working w/ a man that subscribes to the law of the Magna Carta. No formal education, just a big-time book reader. Everything he has is in trusts. He is not a United States Citizen, he is an ambassador legally appointed by the President of the United States, without any country of origin. He does not have to pay taxes. He was arrested for not paying taxes, and did jail time until a Federal Judge upheld that what he was doing was completely legal under the law of the Magna Carta. He has no Social Security Number. Legally United States Law does not apply on his property. The United States is constantly trying to catch him in a loophole where they can apply United States Law to him, but so far, they have been unable to. He's in and out of court all of the time, and always comes out smelling like a rose.

Does anyone know anything else about this?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
Play Ball!!!

Comments

• Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good, but you could never legally own a firearm if you did that.

cat.gif
  • Options
    diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    why are the authorities wanting to get something on him?

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
    Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How does personal subscription to the Magna Carta excuse anyone from paying taxes? How is this person paid currently, and how did he setup his trusts, without a Social Security Number? How was the background check normally required of all ambassador appointees conducted without a Social Security Number? How does one not have a country of origin, and therefore no passport, and yet still be an ambassador? To what country? Would you be interested in buying a bridge in Arizona at a very good price?
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    I hope they get him on something and toss his * out of the country! He wants to live in this country and enjoy all the perks and freedoms it provides, but doesn't want to contribute to it like the rest of us!?[}:)] Pass[xx(]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he's a fisher of men....and he's caught you hook, line, and sinker. [:D] Care to share exactly which POTUS saw fit to bestow such a unique status upon this uneducated gentleman?

This guy sounds every bit as nuts as the one I met out by Hutchinson, KS. For two years, he tried to convince me that the Crown of England financed both sides of the Revolutionary War, and that the US still owed that debt. Furthermore, he was involved in some sort of group that was going to turn the US economy on its ear at any moment, creating 1000% deflation. This was somehow related to the aforementioned debt to the Queen o' England.
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    BS.

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is full of it. Sounds like a yahoo.

Merc

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone, (1899-1947)

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: He is not a United States Citizen, he is an ambassador legally appointed by the President of the United States, without any country of origin.

thats a good one!

why is he working?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is very strange, and I do not have a complete understanding of it. He is well known in our community because of his constant court appearances. But like I said, so far, everything he has done has been upheld by the federal courts.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hopefully there is someone in here that can shed more light on this subject, because it is true, and it is very interesting.

Mateo...Do you know anything?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I supposed you could renounce your citizenship and stop paying taxes, but I don't think that would get you very far and you'd just wind up in the slammer eventually.

cat.gif
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Mateo...Do you know anything?

If he did would he be posting on this forum? Don

I respect the truth too much to bring it out on every occasion.

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Non-citizens must pay taxes on money earned in the US. There is indeed an exception for diplomatic personnel, but they must be in the active service of a foriegn government. What's more, if they violate US law, the can be declared persona non grata, and expelled to the country of origin. What sets off my BS alarm is the mention of the Magna Carta. What possible value does mentioning this document have, except to obfuscate the facts?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This guy's absolutely full of B.S. You can't choose which law applies to you, otherwise, we'd all pick the pre-NFA U.S. Code and buy all the Class III guns we want. He's a nut. He can't be an ambassador of the US without being a US citizen (IIRC, that's a constitutional issue). And it's very difficult to duck income tax unless you can show that you've earned no income; declaring that you "subscribe to the Magna Carta" doesn't cut it.
    Perhaps HE says he never loses in court, but given that this guy is undeniably full of crap, do you have any other proof of it? If so, I'd say the folks taking him to court have been woefully incompetent.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hell, I know this guy. It's James Brown, ain't it? President Jimmy Carter made him the official Ambassador of Soul. And I'm damn sure he dodges paying taxes whenever he can. [:D]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Waste of space ... give his place to
    a law abiding illegal alien!

... only in America!
    [:D]a.gif
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    Waste of space ... give his place to
    a law abiding illegal alien!

... only in America!
    [:D]a.gif
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

....in the vest Bart Simpson voice I can muster.......HA, HA

Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, the man died the other day. All of his property is in limbo. Since he had everything set up in some crazy * trusts that were not owned by a person, all of his property has nowhere to go, and nobody that can legally claim it.

It looks like the state, and/or the feds are finally going to get what they wanted anyway.

Ben
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read an original copy of the Magna Carta in England. It did not mention him.

Hook, line and sinker Ben, hook, line and sinker.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I read an original copy of the Magna Carta in England. It did not mention him.

Hook, line and sinker Ben, hook, line and sinker.

He Dog, I cannot argue his case, I don't have the knowledge. Here is what I do know: He was incarcerated for refusing to pay taxes. The decision was reversed on appeal, and it was found that everything he was doing was well within the law. Because of some law that is still in effect from the birth of this country that was tied to the laws of the Magna Carta he was allowed to be an ambassador.

I've talked to a couple of lawyers that have studied this loophole and found it very interesting, but had "never met anybody crazy enough to try it".

So call BS if you want. It does not reflect poorly on me.

Ben
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just funning you Ben. You do have to wonder how it could possibly be worth all the court time.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    One can't help but wonder how rich this guy is that you know, because going to court that often requires quite the bankroll, and you've got to be pretty destitute to qualify for a "free" defense thanks to the US taxpayer.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man you guys are thick headed today....

His specical exemption was in the clause of the Constitution that allows the feds to have laws on abortion, just before the sentence allowing Federal income tax and just after the paragraph outlining the power of private investors to take your land under eminent domain.

Geez don't you guys read nutin' [:D]
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    shouldnt those court records be in the public domain.... if you really want to convince us, since you know his name and where he went to court, you'd dig up the records and see what you can gather about this loophole.
    Untill then.... I'm with all the others and call BS.
    THe US constitution starts with calling itself the supreme law of the land, im pretty sure all laws before hand (ie magna carta) are made obsolete by it
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CA sucks
    shouldnt those court records be in the public domain.... if you really want to convince us, since you know his name and where he went to court, you'd dig up the records and see what you can gather about this loophole.
    Untill then.... I'm with all the others and call BS.
    THe US constitution starts with calling itself the supreme law of the land, im pretty sure all laws before hand (ie magna carta) are made obsolete by it

As an ambassador he would be exempt from public records and parking tickets. I knew a guy when I was in high school who tried to calim an iland in the nashua river in NH was an independant country. His plan was to offer the Russians the opportunity to place missiles on his island and to use that threat to extort agricultural support from the US to build large hydroponic gardens on the island.

I like the part about how "the United States" is always trying to catch this guy. If the "United States" cant get this guy no wonder we cant get osama Bin Ladin.