In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just Right Carbine in 45 GAP

neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
This past summer I picked up a unfired Just Right Carbine in 45 GAP caliber at an estate auction in the hills close to my cabin. Box is marked 45GAP and it also had a complete 45ACP conversion kit with it. Since I got it, I had looked for anything about them making one in this caliber. Finally, I gave up and called them. A person there told me they had made a short production run of them when it was rumored that the New York State Police might be switching to 45GAP guns and the NYSP wound up not doing that. I asked about the quantity of this production and was told they made 17 of them.

I called back a couple of days later and asked if they could send me an email about the production of this gun. They sent me an email and it simply states that they made less than 25 guns in this caliber in 2012.

I am sure when the better known manufacturers (Browning, Winchester, Remington, etc) made very limited production runs of odd calibers the value of those would be significantly greater, but what do you think about a lesser known manufacturer like Just Right? I am really not into the "black guns" but just picked up this one because I thought it was odd and was at what I felt was a good price.

Opinions about whether to get rid of it or keep it???

Comments