In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody else using deer cams this year?

JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
edited November 2004 in General Discussion
This was my first year using them and I love them. I got 2, 35mm DC-200 Scout Cams and built a digital one using a Sony cybershot and a pelican waterproof case. I had them out from mid Sept. to yesterday. Checked them every 2 weeks. I'm absolutely amazed at what's out there...that you NEVER SEE!! At one hunting spot, we had a pie bald doe that had pure white legs and white patches on the side.
I bow hunted about every weekend and some weekdays and if you asked me just from being out there, how many bucks were running around, I could honestly say a handful, and maybe 2 nice ones. The guys that shotgun hunt the properties, never even saw a doe! But with the deer cams, I KNOW there are many BIG bucks around there. Some really nice trophies. But there was only about one week where the big ones came out in day light hours where we hunt. Some of them never went by in the day light and there was really no pattern. Anybody else notice the same thing? I live in NW IL. We could never get the big ones to come out during shooting hours, with anything. Scent, calls, decoy. Nothing worked. We also only wear Scent-Lok and spray down every time. Anybody else seeing them on the cams at night but have the same problem?