In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Damn

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
ebaums world usually has funnystuff on it.[V] stories from a few wounded soldiers. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80789047/

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have to be to work in 3.5 hours.
    edited November -1
    another friend has short time left with pancreatic cancer...heard more of these in the last few years than in all my life...wonder why???
    edited November -1
    I have lived, for the most part, a decent and upstanding life. In high school I was usually at home most nights, watching a movie or maybe going out with a group of friends. As an adult I don't hit the bars, carouse around, and I usually avoid wild people and their drunken antics.

Well the hell with all that. If there's one a term that's going to summarize my life from this point forward, it's "alcohol and drug fueled naked Twister party."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/07/mom-who-joined-teens-alcohol-and-drug-fueled-naked-twister-party-avoids-prison/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news:page/in-the-news
    edited November -1
    Thru a few logs in the fireplace and started a fire[xx(]
    edited November -1
    I cant sleep [B)]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    good place to do it,,
    but,,,,why this time of year???[:0][:0]
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's in the mid 50 degree range here right now (nearly midnight)

I have a small fire going in the living room fireplace

Been feeding it scraps and bundled branches and bucked limb sections and pinecones and bundled pine needles wrapped in newspaper...

Makaila is home for the 1st time since Thursday night.

I cooked her dinner and we have just been sitting together on the couch talking and interacting with the animals.

She will go to sleep soon - I still don't sleep well so I will read while the fire burns down - knocking things with the poker...

It relaxes me.

Mike
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    It's in the mid 50 degree range here right now (nearly midnight)

I have a small fire going in the living room fireplace

Been feeding it scraps and bundled branches and bucked limb sections and pinecones and bundled pine needles wrapped in newspaper...

Makaila is home for the 1st time since Thursday night.

I cooked her dinner and we have just been sitting together on the couch talking and interacting with the animals.

She will go to sleep soon - I still don't sleep well so I will read while the fire burns down - knocking things with the poker...

It relaxes me.

Mike

That relaxes everyone. The sound of the fire, the smell of it, and the constantly shifting patterns of flame to watch. Hard to improve on.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mid 50s right now where I'm at, and I got the air-conditioner going. I actually sleep way hot, so I like it cold before I go to bed. My perfect sleeping temperature is 45? With nothing but sheets to cover me. Had to buy my dog his own blanket because he would shiver all night Freezing.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's more than that - the passive observing...

The prep work - setting things in the hearth - opening the flue - making up my bundles from stock I keep in plastic tubs in the garage were they season and dry...

The architecture - the placement and design I lay out - I tend towards simple geometric patterns...

Even the selection of the fuel - deciding what to burn ("it was a pleasure to burn")

I even have the girls make up folded paper envelopes or sachets of dried flowers - sometimes with a sprinkle of herbs and spices...

I have a powder that you can add that allows the flames to change colors and illumination levels (non toxic)...

Sometimes small sections of sparkler stick secreted about to produce random flare up effects...

The girls have taken sap and resin from trees (pineapple and maple) and press molded it into small shapes (great aromatic output)

The pine cones are great - the burn patterns - the popping sounds.

I know a fire is just a fire - a heat source...

But from start to finish the steps involved - the whole holistic experience relaxes me - it's an event in itself - even the clean up...

But we never heard back from asop as to the particulars for his fire or the impetus behind the negative emoticon.

Asop - status update on your fire - what's up with you and yours - everything ok??? Can we help - what's going on with your going ons???

Write us a story - paint us a typed out picture.

We await your reply.

Mike
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Asop - status update on your fire - what's up with you and yours - everything ok??? Can we help - what's going on with your going ons???

Write us a story - paint us a typed out picture.

We await your reply.

Mike

+1
    Chilly night? Flue plugged?

There's times I wish I had a fireplace, but then again.