In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blizzard Warning

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Looks like north half of Missouri is going to get dumped on in the next 48 hours. If the prediction is correct, this will be more snowfall than we've had for many years. The Grouch Attack stayed in town with her Mother in case it ices up but no ice here yet. This is my 30th winter on this place and only a couple of times have I failed to clear the road and had to cut fence to bypass drifts. In 1961 the snow drifted seriously and a bulldozer was used to move the snow. The next day the wind came up and filled the plowed road again. With no place to move the additional snow, the neighborhood scooped the snow by hand into sleds and whatever and hauled it out. I'm fortunate to have a tractor in the barn equal to about half of all the tractors in the area in 1961 all lumped together. It hasn't got much work for a while but this may be the one. I worked several days last year clearing drifts so the guys could get feed to their cows but those were just 6-8" snows.

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Called home just now. Nothing yet down at our place east of Gainesville. The bath tubs, and our 5 gallon jugs are filled with water, we have a propane heater and a couple cylinders of gas.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    We're still above the freeze here in Kansas, but tomorrow we might be in the thick of it.

NS
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    Just cold here this morning in NC , Think there were calling for just a little freezing drizzle.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The whole front may be working further east than expected. This morning's weather shows the heaviest snow will be nearer the Mississippi river. Still not good for those folks. My daughter lives in southeast Iowa and older son is in St Louis on business this week. Guess we'll wait and see what hits and decide if we can make the 125 mile drive to get younger son to his surgery Thursday. I'd have got that taken care of last Thursday but his fiancee seemed to think it couldn't happen w/o her onsite so we had to wait.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatcha seeing outside any snow or freezing rain?
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had a little bit of icing off and on all day yesterday. Not much accumulation though.

Getting snow now. If it gets any heavier we'll have whiteout and drifting with these winds.