In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trucking hazards....(Pic)

charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
w09.jpg

[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

Comments

• Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old time lot lizzard?????
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    In my younger days of trucking I never saw a lot lizzard look that good.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd slap that as...I mean I'd help her with her bags
  • Options
    skeens41skeens41 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    been driving a lot of years, and never saw a lot lizard like that!![:p] and ive seen a few of them!

..i said seen them, never had a need too use one[8D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,454 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Old-timey for sure.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She doesn't look like a hazard, the real hazard is probably the "Bud" wheels on that old tractor.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Not really related to that picture but here are some old ones of a few comanies that my dad drove for. Several of these companies are no longer around.

I would post a few of mine but they are all still around and seen by people every day on the road.

fg_time_dc_1a_sml.jpg
    fg_time_dc_1b_sml.jpg
    fg_transcon_lines_1_sml.jpg
    file0004_sml.jpg
    frtlnr_0146a_sml.jpg
    jw_lasme_frtlnr_truck.jpg
    jw_lasme_kw_bc_seattle.jpg
    jw_lasme_kw_pb_trucks.jpg
    lasme02_sml.jpg
    lasme05_sml.jpg
    lasme_3010_sml.jpg
    lasme_40_sml.jpg
    lasme_kw.jpg
    pie02_sml.jpg
    pie_dbls_transcon_frtlnr_rt8_waterb.jpg
    pie_kw_26_1345b_sml.jpg
    time_dc12_sml.jpg
    transcon_ih_effingham_sml.jpg
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Time-DC...wow! Brings back some memories. I remember when they shuttered the doors. Deregulation got 'em!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iluvguns
    Time-DC...wow! Brings back some memories. I remember when they shuttered the doors. Deregulation got 'em!
    Yea. My dad was working for them when they shut the doors.

He was also with LASME, TransCon and P.I.E when they went down.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    *-r-done... cool pics, e3xpecially that one with the big-truck/mini-truck size comparo.

The thread opening pic is sweet too. Too bad them trucks is too big for me to drive, i'd be afraid of running everyone over, destroying a lot of curbs, street signs and mail boxes.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,023 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Texas world speedway

????????????????????????

Is that the long-defunct race track on I-35 just south of Lewisville? The one that was run by a bunch of hoodlums? The one that hosted a music festival that scared the City of Lewisville so badly that the City Council annexed the racetrack property and then promply passed an ordinance prohibiting music festivals?

First ex-brother-in-law and his cousin used to work there, right out of high school. The outfit still owes them money. They didn't get paid, and went to see their boss about getting paid. He was surrounded by armed henchmen who pulled guns and advised the boys to leave the property and not return.
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    quote:He was also with LASME, TransCon and P.I.E when they went down.

Who does he work for now? Doesn't bode well for them! [:o)]

And that girl in the first pic, didn't really get out of that truck. She's wearing a white dress and there isn't one spot of grease or dirt or soot on it! Those old trucks were notorious oil spewing, soot belching machines.

Love old trucks! Been around them all my life. Dad has a 1949 International KB 10 that my grand-dad bought brand new. Several years ago he drug it out of the shop and had it chromed up, re-built and re-painted. Looks great! Runs like a top, but hotter than the dickens! Can't get enough speed to get any air moving through the vents!! If I have any pics at the house, I will post one later today. If not, I will get one from him next week and post it up then. All he does with it now is drive it in parades. [:)]
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She would have to be willing with a reg cab, wahooooooooooooooo for you not me. Never did want to bring something home to the wife NOT me but looks like candy [V][xx(][:(][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iluvguns
    quote:He was also with LASME, TransCon and P.I.E when they went down.

Who does he work for now? Doesn't bode well for them! [:o)]

And that girl in the first pic, didn't really get out of that truck. She's wearing a white dress and there isn't one spot of grease or dirt or soot on it! Those old trucks were notorious oil spewing, soot belching machines.

Love old trucks! Been around them all my life. Dad has a 1949 International KB 10 that my grand-dad bought brand new. Several years ago he drug it out of the shop and had it chromed up, re-built and re-painted. Looks great! Runs like a top, but hotter than the dickens! Can't get enough speed to get any air moving through the vents!! If I have any pics at the house, I will post one later today. If not, I will get one from him next week and post it up then. All he does with it now is drive it in parades. [:)]
    He is now retired from ABF.

He spent about 42 years driving (retired about 4 years ago). His father drove for aprox 50 years and my other grandfather drove for 35 years and I drove for about 16 years.

Needless to say there is a few years experience in truck driving in my family.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    mr_floppymr_floppy Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lot lizzard

No.... She's an Independent Owner/Operator, Sleeper-Creeper.

Say that 3 times fast. [:)]