In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

XD 9 mm

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
Got hold of one the other day and it fit like a glove so I put it on my rack. Can you get high caps for them or convert other mags to fit?
Are they as good as I've heard?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Options
    SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had mine (4" service model) for about three years now. No problems whatsoever at all, except for one FTE. I've argued several time on here why I think XD is superior to the glock (you can do a search for XD threads). Great gun.

As far as highcaps, the .40S&W mags will hold 15 rounds of 9mm withough modification and will function in the XD9. This is a well known and well used trick by XD owners. Some of the feedlips on the .40mags apparently have to be tweaked just a fraction with pliers to prevent the slide from locking back with one round still in the mag. However, the mags are so similar that this only occurs occasionally. Actually, when I bought my XD, I asked the dealer if I could swap on the of 9mm mags for a .40mag and he did. I use the .40 mag as my instant, low cost, high cap. And yes, this is legal because the .40 still works in the gun for which it was designed. One of the guys on another forum actually wrote a letter to the BATF to ask.

Anyway, here's a good site for XD info: www.hs2000talk.com

"Roma locuta est, causa finita est."
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    Wow crazy that you can use the .40 mag legally...probably couldn't get away with it here in California but that is cool.

DOES fit like a glove, but I thought the P99 just made it all that much better, you should pick one up and feel it, pretty similar but I like it better. I have also heard only good things about it, seems pretty durable.

The only reason I will say it isn't better than the glock is that I shot one in a range (yeah not a great example, but they do clean their guns a little and I figure they're used as much or less than the Glocks there), and the one I used was jamming up a lot, I think it was dirty inside though. I really don't have any argument here because I don't know the circumstances, but when I pick up a gun and have trouble with it I have a hard time putting my life on it.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy