In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Please call and e-mail Governor Schwarzenegger!

get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Ask Gov. Schwarzenegger to Veto Anti-Employment Verification Bill.
Measure will Become Law after October 12 if not vetoed.

Please call, fax, and email Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to ask for a veto of AB 1288, a bill that would prohibit the State and its local governments from requiring private sector employers to use the federal E-Verify system, except when required by federal law or as a condition of receiving federal funds. This virtually ensures that illegal aliens will be able to apply for new taxpayer-funded jobs.

BACKGROUND

AB 1288, which cleared the State legislature on August 26, would prohibit state and local governments from requiring contractors to use the E-Verify system to check the workplace eligibility of new hires, unless required by the federal government. It also would prevent local governments from requiring any business to use E-Verify as a condition of business licensure, unless required by the federal government. It would not prevent local governments from using E-Verify to check their own new hires.

This legislation would curtail E-Verify use during a serious recession, which is the exact opposite approach of the Federal government. The Obama Administration on September 8 began requiring federal contractors and subcontractors to use E-Verify. The U.S. Senate in July took initial steps to allow current E-Verify users to run all existing employees through the system, not just new hires as current law permits. Instead doing its part to helped unemployed Californians, the legislature is trying to make it more difficult to use E-Verify to free up jobs for citizens and legal residents. We must convince Gov. Schwarzenegger to veto this bill by October 12. It will become law without his signature after that date, according to the California Legislative Analyst's Office.

http://gov.ca.gov/interact#email

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did it with a list of others- I am sure he's getting sick of hearing from me this week.[:D]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I got my hands full here in Colorado.

My Californian Brethern are gonna have to go this one without me.
  • Options
    get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Did it with a list of others- I am sure he's getting sick of hearing from me this week.[:D]

[:D]
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you and bikerstriker the same person?

[?]
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by get_involved
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

I sound like a broken record-
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No[:D]
  • Options
    bikerstrikerbikerstriker Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho
    Are you and bikerstriker the same person?

[?]

Believe it or not some people still believe in the soveirgnty of our beloved United States of America. We believe it is our right to control who enters our country.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    goat.jpg

quote:Originally posted by bikerstriker

We believe it is our right to control who enters our country.

Does "We" mean that bikerstriker and * are one and the same troll?

"Explain."

[:0]
  • Options
    bikerstrikerbikerstriker Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    goat.jpg

No, it means you want open borders for all the rats to flood America so more people will look like you and destroy my great country.
  • Options
    edited November -1

No, it means you want open borders for all the rats to flood America so more people will look like you and destroy my great country.

How will looking like Polite Psycho destroy the country?

Besides, the people we elected are doing a pretty good job of that already, so how could you tell?

hey, that reminds me, you mentioned being in Colorado. Whereabouts?
  • Options
    edited November -1

People that look like me?

What the hey! That's tall, dark, and handsome. [^]

You are one pitiful little man.

[:X]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    quote:What the hey! That's tall, dark, and handsome
    I have your "six" on this one ,Doc!
    You all don't understand, Doc. He may like his milk with chocolate in it. And he maybe darker than the "Old Grand Wizard" here...but he is no one's fool. Sure, he lives on Gilligan's Island, but he is happy.
    He believes in live and let live. I believe in die and stay dead. But he is the life of the party at a linching...so cut my man some slack![;)]

You're a regular conundrum, earl.
    I like that about you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is so rich!

quote:Originally posted by eboydell

But he is the life of the party at a linching...so cut my man some slack![;)]

Thanks, Gunny!