In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Too good to be true?

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Look at ebay auction number 2446274962 and tell me what you think I am approved to bid or buy but is this for real?????????????/

bull.txt
col elect1mike Illinois
volinters RRG
I am a man but I can change if I have to.

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I found a Craftsman 10" Radial Saw for $90. The article says that the previous house owners left it behind and while it has some rust, it still operates well. Should I look into this, or does it sound too good to be true?
    edited November -1
    As the old saying goes if it is too good to be true it probably is.

I am looking for extra batteries for my new digital camera. I was going to get an add on grip that uses AA as a back up but due to price and size I think I am just going to get a couple of spare batteries.

I see prices ranging from $18 to $55. Some aftermarket some "factory". There are also several aftermarket batteries at all different prices. I am pretty sure that Nikon is not making their own batteries one of these companies are doing it.

So how do you pic good batteries for this kind of application? What makes the $30 aftermarket battery better then say a $20 aftermarket? As far as I can tell they all spec out the same. I know sometimes aftermarket can be better then OEM too.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always stick to OEM. If you have a problem, the manufacturer will usually take care of it if it's their product. I think it's worth the extra $. JMO.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    The OEM charges more because they know they can. Do you buy parts for your car from a car dealer? If so, go ahead and buy the OEM battery.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    I went the AA backup route, figure it'll save money in the long run not byuing the $$$ batteries.
    what kind of battery is it?
    tom
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Canon has an excellent user forum with many helpful threads in the past addressing battery options. I'm sure Nikon has one as well.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    I went the AA backup route, figure it'll save money in the long run not byuing the $$$ batteries.
    what kind of battery is it?
    tom

It is a EN-EL3e for a Nikon D90 camera.

If I go with AA back up they go for $50-$150 depending again on who made it. Plus it adds about 25% to the size of a large camera.

I would pretty much only use the back up when I am spiked (camping) out on the fire line with no access to power for several days.

I figured I could get by picking up 2 spare batteries.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:It is a EN-EL3e for a Nikon D90 camera.

can't help you there, my N80 is non-digital.
    my digital id a fuji and it's pretty small to start with.
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get all my scope, camera, and other batteries from www.batterybob.com

He's real helpful, reasonable, and helped me on the phone with my order on a Sunday afternoon.

Your battery should be on his site.