In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody have one of these?

dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
Back in the 1980s when SKS rifles were washing ashore by the millions I saw these advertised as "Paratrooper Models" and bought one. I only saw them offered that one time and I don't recall seeing one of these rifles since I bought this one. It was unfired and looked new. It has a very short barrel (like around 16 inches) and no bayonet provision. It's neat looking but it doesn't shoot as good as the standard length one I had back then.

Have I just been missing them or are they somewhat uncommon?

standard.jpg
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My son gave me a gift card for sports authority, so I picked up one of these:
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=5008-700&categoryid=5180
    The Wife does not like perked coffee, I figure this should be a good fix.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    8yellowfintuna8yellowfintuna Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Works for me, just a little slow...

"Beam me up Scottie"
  • Options
    JeffreyBGood137JeffreyBGood137 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like mine, but it tends to burn coffee if left on too long.

"Americans have the right & advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms". James Madison - The Federalist Papers #46 <P><BR>
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Nope, but now I want one[:p]

JuJu(now, where did I put that credit card)
  • Options
    1FMJ1FMJ Member Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just tried the java made in dongizmos Coleman coffee maker.I was at his house and it was great tasting and free.Thanks Don.<john>
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:it was great tasting and free.

Thats the best part[:D]

JuJu(who just ordered one of those coffee makers)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Tunas right,
    Its not as fast as my Mr Coffee, but it works. and tastes better than my perked or instant that I usualy have when camping.
    the only drawback I see is it does not have a warmer, so you would need to use a thermos to keep the java hot.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    nwsportinggoodsnwsportinggoods Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a good pot just dont forget to shut the burner off when you leave camp or it will not work anymore.Darn kids.