In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

uzi

dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
i want some kind of 9mm sub gun really want an mp5 clone but will at least take a look at the uzi and wanted to know who all made them and which one is the best ??? any help welcome....

Comments

• Options
    MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too I want 9mm carbine, have you looked at those Beretta Storms?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    nope have not looked at the storms really want an uzi or mp5
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    When you say sub gun are you talking about a sub gun, a SBR or a pistol caliber carbine? It makes a huge difference in price.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kel-Tec has a few nice choices......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a semi auto ,pistol caliber carbine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well lets see here:

Mp5 "clones".
    You have the HK94's that are the best since they are made by HK but they run about $4000 since they are no longer allowed for import.
    Then you have the Bobcat, Colhar (sp) and another one seem to be decent and run in the $1200 range.
    I have heard mixed reviews about the Special Weapons version. RUN RUN RUN from anything with the Hess or Vulcan name on it on any firearm.

For Uzi:
    You have IMI being the best as they are the real thing minus fun switch. There are model A, B and .45. Price is between about $1000 and $1800.
    Vector makes a good unit that was running about $650 but they quit making them a couple months ago and price is climbing.
    Norinco made one called the 320 that was imported with a welded in barrel and full stock to meet import requirements (still in effect). Price is climbing on these too but if you can find one cheep get it.

There are many good AR's in various pistol calibers on the market that run from the $800's-1600's.

I have heard good things about the Storms but have no hands on with them.

They are getting harder to find but the Marlin Camp 9 are great little guns too.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    An UZI is just not an UZI unless you have full auto.

If I were buying one. I would look closely at the IMI.
  • Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The uzi is too heavy and impractical for anything. If it was FA it would be okay. Get a glock with a 32 rd mag.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep your eyes on the auctions ... I was just lucky but I picked up my IMI Model A last summer for just over $800 a little more than a Vector but it's a LNIB original with the dummy barrel, sling mag and all the paperwork.

UZI_Love.jpg

Cheaper then Dirt had the mags on sale a while back ... 3mags, carry pouch and sling for $59.95 which brings up a couple points ...

The UZI is nearly twice as heavy, but mags are only about $20 where HK mags are closer to $60 (unless you get the 40+year old stick mags)

Both are surprisingly accurate ... I always thought of the UZI as a "spray and pray" ... but even with cheap ammo I can hit an 8" plate at 50 yards, all day long.

The MP5 has the cool factor ... but the UZI is a world wide recognized icon, much like the AK.

Good luck in your decision!
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Vector Uzi, bought it right before the ban ended. Paid $650 for it sold it for $900. It was kinda cool but overly heavy. Accuracy was good. The grip safety really needed to be squeezed in order for the gun to fire. The grip safety also made it impossible to bump fire the rifle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gotteskrieger
    The uzi is too heavy and impractical for anything. If it was FA it would be okay. Get a glock with a 32 rd mag.

You would be shocked at how accurate a 16" 9mm carbine is as the others have said. Yeah the Uzi is a bit heavy but it will out shoot any semi auto pistol all day long. Making reasonably accurate shots at 1-200 yards is not hard with this gun. I can not say that about ANY of my handguns.
  • Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like my colt 9mm ar.........
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you guys are interested, I have a new in box Norinco Uzi that I'd be willing to auction on GunBroker.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The big difference between the Model A and B is the sights as the Model A is set up for the 10" barrel and the B is set up for the 16" barrel. http://files.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/ABdiff.htm

If it is an IMI gun then it was made in Israel not matter if it is Model A, B or 45. ALL IMI (or other import) Uzis were ban from importation in 1989.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Uzi, http://www.uzitalk.com/

The SP89 is the semi auto pistol version of the MP5. The HK94 is the carbine version of the MP5.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    if your interested in that one,it is missing the original owners manual,and missing the original 25rd mag...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for all the info will make up my mind by the end of the week
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U want cheap andfun and easy to buy replacement parts that is reliable - Cobray M11/9mm I have one that is Full Auto and have fired about 3000 rounds thru it and have not had to replace a single part on it... The Semi version is about 350-450 range... Lots of fun for the price in semi also, I imagine....Lots of add ons but not in the same catagory as a Uzi.... But fun
  • Options
    dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go the cheap route High Point carbine They are like 200 bucks. You can get tons of extra crap for it and believe it or not kinda cool.

dgac
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i think rapid fire has mp5 clone gonna price that one also , but as far as it goes its either an uzi or mp5 clone.....
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get either a Bobcat or Coharie MP5 or MP5K clone.
    Much handier than the Uzi

Another choice would be a mini or micro Uzi.

CP
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    Buy an M-11/9 and get a Lage Max-11 upper for it. You'll have a GREAT setup for around 4 grand. Beats around 7 grand for an uzi and about 15 grand for an MP5. http://www.max-11.com/
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great Link Steeltoe - Thanks Mark