In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

let's see ur utility knife pocket folders

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
used to be the cool thing to spend extra money on was a pocket folder knife. lately at work I have been seeing more and more dudes with pocket folder utility knives.

if you think about it, carrying a folding utility knife everywhere else too makes more sense than a knife. 90% of the things you do with a knife, can be done with a utility knife, you aren't afraid to use it on anything, and when it gets dull swap the blade. it's always razor sharp. the only real down side is it doesn't carry spare blades. but neither does a knife.

I thought it would be a good idea to invest in a quality pocket folder. when I got to Auto Zone last night they had this on the shelf for 12$ and I couldn't pass it up.

298irwin.jpg

I thought the handle was plastic, it's not. it's die cast metal. I don't like that because it will scratch, the paint will wear off eventually, and plastic would have given a better grip. but it's good enough. some other dudes had steel handles with wood grips, but those had some sort of rotating latch to remove the blade instead of a push button.

well! let's see your pocket folders... [8D]

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always keep one of those folders (a little bigger than the one you have in the photo) with extra blades on the boat. Very handy.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    the blade isn't stiff enough for me. I'll stick to my Kershaw Vapor. If it gets dull, sharpen until razor sharp!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Those things scare me. Its like carrying my glock....[:D]
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I'm an old fart, with cracked boots, frayed suspenders, pocketwatch, and stained cowboy hat. Anything except a Case stockmen's folder would disappoint my grandchildren. One must uphold one's image.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I carry folding knives as well,....I DO have one of those utility knives. Just not that exact one.

Thinking mine might be a Lennox, but don't feel like looking in the truck to see.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Original Superknife - 1st model

[img][/img]103111005.jpg
    Purchased from Dillon's about 10 years ago. [^]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too sharp and pointy! I threw them into the river with my evil guns!
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Carried one for 5 years .
    I use it daily in my woodworking .
    Dangerous to trim your tonails with though !![;)]
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carry a Buck 301 everywhere. A bee-atch to sharpen, but holds the edge for a long time.