In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Show Today

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Run of the mill, typical "Your stuff is junk, mine is priceless " rhetoric. Managed to excape with a deal on a savage 24F 22 mag .410 over and under..[:p]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Our shooting club is having their spring gun show today. Hope there are some bargains to be had..might take a couple to sell..Wish you could be here to attend..[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Greenville, SC

Carolina First Center

Old Palmetto Expo Center off Wade Hampton

On the way now. Hope to see ya'll there.

Come by the LAWSON OUTFITTERS tables. I'll be there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess the panic buying and panic pricing isn't over yet. I went to a local gun show today. I saw bricks of Centurion .22lr ammo at $80 a brick. I thought that was high until I saw a brick of CCI Blazer .22 at $90. He only had the 1 brick. One guy had Remington Yellow Jacket .22's. He broke open the brick and was selling each box of 50 at $9 a box. I saw 9mm at $40 a box of 50 too.
    I also saw alot of used handguns at $100-150 over the price of a new one.
    The one thing that really surprised me was one of the concession stands was advertising beer for sale. $4/bottle of Bud or Bud Light. I guess at the prices on the tables, they figured we might need some adult refreshment to calm our nerves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took Eric to a record show in Lansing yesterday.He likes to collect old stuff from when I was a kid.Stuff he isn`t supposed to like. Anyway,today is my day.Going to the gunshow in Hillsdale, then for a ride around the farm on my snowmobile. Don`t know that I`ll buy anything at the show.Just have to go though because I`m suffering from withdrawl as I`ve missed the last few shows.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In Lexington KY. Going to look for the new Sig P938. Buds Guns is also having a big tent sale, may stop by there if I can find a parking spot.

Back from show, scored a Sig P938 Extreme and a used Ruger Single Six made in 1999, it's been a good day. Lots of buyers and they was buying.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Atlanta area. Very large show, several large-volume dealers present. There was the usual pile of military surplus, holsters and beef jerky. Most dealers had the same thing - black rifles and polymer tote guns. Very high prices on everything.

One dealer told me that the NICS has a three-day backup. I believe this is the result of our president's recent executive actions - slow down the process, make it as much hassle as possible for folks to buy guns.

I did manage to pick up a very nice S&W 25-2, though, from a guy that had the gall to rent a couple tables and sell his collection without (horror of horrors) a license. No background check for your friendly neighborhood crustacean today. No 4473.

I like it. Not to worry, though, I'm not preparing to go terrorize the community with my new revolver.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not many deals and nothing I had to have gun wise. Did see a nice 1902 Gew98 but most finish was gone and mis matched for 800 bucks.

I bought Korean made AK drum only to find it only fits my saiga and not my Romanian :( Better one then none I guess.

Picked up 60 rounds of 7.62x39, two Silver Maple leaf coins and some smoked Salmon. No AK74's in and no Saiga's. Not even a C93. I did see a decent priced PTR HK91 clone if I was in the market.

I did notice right away that thre draw was over double what it normally has been the last 5 years. Must be Obama.

Oh ya I also picked up an "Infidel" patch for my new German Parka :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    was not to great. No bulk ammo, just a few people with over priced commercial stuff. Off brand AR's such as Panther Arms were in good supply. Don't know about the quality of them but prices were running in the 7--800 range. Saw one Colt A2 for $1.395.00 Guy said it was new but didn't have box. [;)] Also saw one Bushmaster A3 for $1.195.00 and probably should have bought it. Except for no ammo not too bad like the last two. Guys running around trying to sell plain AK47's for $800.00. Guess everyone is trying to get in on the act. Would like to find decent prices on 762x39 and 762x54R.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I get together with a few guys for breakfast and we go to the gun show. I usually don't buy much but today there was some interesting stuff. I was looking for some .222 Rem. brass without much hope but one of the first tables had 2 bags of 100 new WW and I got them both for $60. One of the guys I went there with had his deceased BIL's .41 Ruger Blackhawk--it was a bit rough with some pitting on the outside of the barrel so I offered $300 and he jumped on it.

I think some of us old guys have died and our basements and garages have been cleaned out and the stuff was at the gun show today. I found several bricks of old, OLD, Federal 210 primers; the dome shaped ones in the wooden trays. I bought one of the bricks for $18 and he had 3 boxes of 50 gr. Sierra .224 spitzers in boxes that even I have never seen before: Dark green slip top with light green label and no product numbers. I bought all 3 of those for $45.

Among the more interesting stuff were 3 of the WWII Johnsons that the Marines briefly used. I don't see those very often. There was also a Remington model 720. I've been looking for one of those for years and I've never seen one. This one was a carbine (.30/06) and pretty rough. I think it was probably a state police gun at one time. It had the number "36" burned into the side of the stock, the numbers about 3" high! The rest of the stock was pretty scuffed up, too. The asking price was $1,800 and I had to walk away. I'm still sad about it. But it was a good show. One of our guys brought his 16 yr. old grandson who turned out to be a great kid. I think everybody had fun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went to the show in Cincy today, packed house lots of sellers. Prices not too bad on most guns. I was specifically looking for a 1895 Marlin in 45-70 with 22" barrel. No luck, had a blue one and a stainless one with 18.5" barrels. Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Middletown, NY gun show today. Wrote up a little want list and hope to leave there with something.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok i did a search here, and i couldn't find one thread on Spike's Tactical AR Rifles, this guy talked highly of them there and i never heard of them. Anyone know anything about them and if they are good or not? i did go to there website and they have a lifetime warrenty. but couldn't really find a review for them
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went to a show today in Wells MN, about a 100 mile drive south for me. Very small town but this was the 49th annual event. It was the first time I had gone and what a let down. It was advertised as a 300 table show and it was. Problem was, maybe, and I mean maybe 100 had guns, and out of those 100 maybe 20 had handguns. Oh yeah they had jerky too.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took my grand son to a gun show and took along a Para P13 to see if I could find a good trade. Had several people try to buy it but told them no I was only looking for a trade. Was offered $500.00 to $700.00 for it. One guy offered me $600.00 and I politely told him no I just wanted to trade. He followed me at a distance all through the show and ever now and then would just HAPPEN to run into me and offer it again. Fifth time was when I was leaving he was at the door and offered it again!! WTH? I was polite to him every time but couldn't figure out why he couldn't understand what no meant.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm headed out to meet somme buds at the gun show.Anybody need a rubberband gun,some beef jerky,or maybe a nice bootleg designer pocket book?Lord knows the few guns they will be over priced and ammo will be slim.Oh well,at least i'll get to see the guys.Wish us luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gonna buy some goodies for my new AR-10.

I wonder if it will be crowded?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We had a gun show today here in Missouri. I was behind a guy, trying to look at some pistols, when I smelled beer on him and thought, why was he drinking before going to a gun show? Later the answer came to me. At one of the concession stands, they were serving beer from a tap. You had to keep it in the concession area, but it just seemed strange to me that they were selling beer at all. All the "alcohol and guns don't mix" stuff, not to mention that they'll all be driving home after the show. Explain that to a cop who stops you on the way home, you have beer on your breath and you have guns in the car. Maybe I'm a prude. I've been called worse.
    Other then that, the place was packed, some new sellers I haven't seen before, and I made a good deal on a 9mm Witness. Oh, and 22lr ammo was still $60-75 a brick.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lots of .22 ammo but no one was buying. There were FEW guns there with decent prices but nothing I needed. My major score was CCI #34 large rifle primers. $40 a box but it beats $37 and a Haz-Mat fee. Picked up 5-20 round boxes of PMC 308 for $14 a box. Also picked up some .38 Super commercial reloads 115 gr Hp for $21 a box. A couple of 38 Spl. 130 gr fmj for $19 a box and a box of .380 hp. Not a major score but I was happy. Some guy was selling some American Spirit AR's that were beat to piss for $600. Must have been some police trade ins. You could buy brand new Armilites there for $699. All in all a typical gun show for around here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will be the 1st one I've been to in a long time.

But will not stick around long want to get back home and on the tractor, just going to show to let it warm up outside.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Manitowoc, Wis., at the Club Bil-Mar. Not a big deal, 'prolly 60 tables or so. I've found a deal or two there over the years. Sure beats the other prospects for the day, until kick-off time, anyway.
    Just thought I'd share, case someone's in the area[:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Today is the last day of the gun show at the Abba Temple, here in Mobile.I managed to stay away yesterday.But today...I woke-up in a cold sweat,and my mouth was dry...now I'm starting to get the shakes...I think I'm starting to run a fever.Clutching one of the many guns I own already only makes things worse!I heard one way to alieviate some of the symptoms was to dump all the ammo I own(near 10,000 rds.), in a big pile on the bed, and wallow in it naked.Or...I could just go to the show!What to do! What to do!

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good show.

Was the Blackhawk and older one?

I have 2 41 Magnum Blackhawks both are pre-warning and one is a 3 screw. One is a 4 5/8 the oher is 6.5" gun. The 6.5" gun is a the pre-warning gun and it has a Super Black hawk grip frame on it, its a great shooter.
    RLTW

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    It's good to know that somewhere,sometimes,their is an actual "good" gun show...Lord knows,they are getting few and far between..[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06, The Blackhawk dates to 1981; pretty new according to the way I look at things.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were you able to go in without going through a metal detector?
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were you at the Indy 1500? Had a work buddy going to that today.