In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C- Clamps.....a Rant

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,407 ***** Forums Admin
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
So, I don't know if I never got the memo, or if it's an unwritten creed, or even in a part of the constitution I never read, but where is the law that you have to destroy a C-clamp? Break off the moveable pad, bend/spring the back, or screw so it is mis-aligned and wont work, and then hand me that POS when I say I need a clamp. I know if I would have done that to one of my dad's clamps, he would have beat my *. I swear, the next clown that gives me a clamp like that is gonna be walkin' funny after I give the clamp back! Ok....rant off[:D]

Did I mention that I don't let many people use my C-clamps?[;)][:D]

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    at that point they're not 'c' clamps anymore, they're 'G' clamps...
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Just wait until they start using your micrometers for C-Clamps- you'll wish for the days of bent clamps.
  • Options
    festusfestus Member Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    Just wait until they start using your micrometers for C-Clamps- you'll wish for the days of bent clamps.
    I have seen that done!!
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If its not a Wilton bridge C-Clamp, it's not a C-Clamp[:D][:o)]
  • Options
    flyingcolumnflyingcolumn Member Posts: 374 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya can't buy cheap C-clamps and expect to have a happy life! Good Bessy clamps are the only way to go, and worth the extra expense in peace of mind.[;)]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    at that point they're not 'c' clamps anymore, they're 'G' clamps...
    [:D]
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    At least you haven't caught your family using the lathe ways for an anvil!
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of the last time I loaned out my torque wrench.

I no longer loan out my torque wrench. Why, you might ask?[B)]

It started by loaning it to the neighbor. He asked specifically if I had a torque wrench he could use, so, assumptions being what they are, and assuming he'd use it as a torque wrench, I said "sure, just clean it off when you're done, if it gets greasy".

Next day, I'm out in the garage, checking the oil in my Ranchero, and here he comes back over with it.

"Thanks for letting me use that. I needed a good breaker bar."

WHAT?!?!?!

The vulgarities that sprang forth from my vocal chords in response aren't suitable for reprint here.[}:)][}:)][:(!][:(!]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a complete understanding of this subject. I've been using the same C-clamps for fifty years and haven't had a problem with them. One explanation for that could be I don't loan guns or tools. [;)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't take much to mangle newer clamps. Especially ones made in china. I've screwed up enough of my own.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I don't know what brand my clamps are, but here is one that's model 1425, is 2 1/2" opening and was made in Chicago. It won't be likely to bend out of alignment any time soon.
    DSC_0247_zps11064aa7.jpg