In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cows, The Constitution, and the 10 Commandments

redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
COWS:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington. And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give them all a cow.

THE CONSTITUTION:
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.

TEN COMMANDMENTS:
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse........You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians! It creates a hostile work environment!

dsarms_e0.gif

It is better to be prepared, than to be suprised.

I'm pro choice: I choose to hunt, trap, eat meat, and wear fur.

Comments

• Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if our government can count to ten without a calculator, a dozen clerks and an accounting office to monitor the results. I think the office investigating mad cow disease is under such pressure to get a handle on this issue before it panics people that they would have to track down some cow somewhere and finger the animal as the culprit so that they can put the issue to rest.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha
    I wonder if our government can count to ten without a calculator, a dozen clerks and an accounting office to monitor the results. I think the office investigating mad cow disease is under such pressure to get a handle on this issue before it panics people that they would have to track down some cow somewhere and finger the animal as the culprit so that they can put the issue to rest.

Actually, it is not the people in the office tracking cows. It is the farmers. I have not had an animal that I did not know, or could not find out where it was born. Every steer that I have ever bought I know where they were born and who raised them as a calf. Same with my father and grandfather. My grandfather used to purchase cows from livestock barns all the time due the fact that we could not keep up with calf turnover. If we ever need to know information we could call the place were he purchased them, which would contact the place they purchased them, which would contact the place they purchased or raised them. Everyone keeps tight grips on their livestock inventory, if they don't and a problem arises they are screwed.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoff,

Why don't they just put a serial number on the cow's ear with tatoo or staple a tag? That would make it even easier to track, rather than relying on farmers memory. I beleive you when you say you can ID all your stock, but there have to be giant beef farms where they buy hundreds of cows at a time and in such a situation, I can't imagine that the guys running the place can track thousands of cows by remembering what they look like. If the danger of mad cow disease is actually there, it would make sense to use computers to track cows so that the job can be done at the push of a button.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the line about how we're not using the constitution anymore.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • Options
    silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They cant find illegal aliens because they dont want to. I was told George junior enacted some kind of law to make it easier for illegals to work here soon after the began his second term. He is for big business and big business likes cheap labor. I live in Kentucky and we have more trouble out of our growing hispanic population. They cause trouble 24/7. But INS doesnt care much. I was told by local pd that INS wont come here. I think its that alot of employers here are using them for cheap labor and certain people wont let them be alerted to be deported. They make up of alot of our factory workers and hard laborers here.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi