In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"The Scream" and "Madonna" -- Destroyed ????

DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
Sad if true . . . [:(][V][B)]

Munch masterpieces destroyed?
The Munch masterpieces "The Scream" and "Madonna" have been incinerated, according to newspaper Dagbladet, citing criminal sources and a top secret police report.

The paper claimed Thursday that the paintings were destroyed in order to get rid of damning evidence as the police investigation closes in on the culprits behind the robbery.

Investigation leader Iver Stensrud of the Oslo police said he had no knowledge of the supposedly secret report acknowledging the destruction of the paintings.

"This is completely unknown to Oslo police. I basically have no comment and normally we do not use Dagbladet as a reliable source here at the Oslo police," Stensrud told NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting).

Three people are in custody in connection with the Munch robbery, but none of them are linked to crime via technical evidence, and the pair that carried out the heist are considered to be at large.

Dagbladet cited both criminal and police sources in their reportage, and said that police expect new arrests in the case shortly.

C&P from http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1028548.ece

Comments

• Options
    snuffysgatsnuffysgat Member Posts: 226 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well dern, I was a-hoping that scuzzy Madge(singer Madonna's real name) had finally gone tango uniform. Color me disappointed.

If true, a real shame about the art tho.

Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know--engraved on the headstone of William "Billy" Lunsford-KIA Vietnam

The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer--David Ben-Gurion

Si vis Pacem, Para Bellum-to maintain peace, prepare for war--Thucydides

KAPHAR HUNNU BHANDA MORNU RAMRO CHHAA
    IT IS BETTER TO DIE THAN LIVE A COWARD--the Ghurka motto