In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"The Fishing Hole"

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Only post is more than 10 years old[:0]

Comments

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a shame none of you guys are smart enough to catch a fish. I would like to read about it.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I visit occasionally but I don't post. Nothing current to respond to.

[clarification]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    It's a shame none of you guys are smart enough to catch a fish. I would like to read about it.
    I fish all year. Mostly fresh water, and a little surf fishing, when the stripers are running. Bass fishing is my favorite thing to do. More so than hunting.[;)][^][:)]
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello --- The Fishing Hole Forum I am looking at has post younger than 10 years. Your response to barbless hooks was 7/04/2017. The response to my fly fishing post was 10/29/2017. Fishing pole repair - my last response was 10/07/2017 -- person never answered. Shakespear bait casting reel - how to cast --- my pictures of various spool releases are still there and the last response is 3/02/2017.

There is more than one post and many younger than 10 years -- I will admit it is not as popular as other forums - but still valuable.

Best Regards - AQH
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just to keep it active, I just contributed.[^]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    WTH is that supposed to mean? Numerous posts from 2017, and 2016.
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    WTH is that supposed to mean? Numerous posts from 2017, and 2016.

Aesop?s fables?
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I want to talk fishing, I go to a fishing chat board. I got to three, actually.

When I want conspiracy theories, UFO tales, and trucking horror stories I come here [;)]
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I bass fished religiously for over 30 years. Since I owned my own business I was blessed with being able to travel to a lot of great bass lakes and able to average 2-4 times a week on a lake year round no matter the weather.Now, I don't go too much due to a myriad of life changes.

...The first time I joined GB right after Nunn did back in 99...there was not a fishing forum. The space where the fishing forum is now was called something else, but its been so long the name now escapes me.

...BUT! There were lots of people back when that did want to talk fishing, well....the powers to be would not just "change" the exsisting title of that forum to something related to fishing. I was told that if I wanted (and others) would like that particular forum to become a fishing forum, just needed to just start posting fishing topics and run out/off the other topics, which were few & far between and basically dead.

...Soooo, I took it upon myself to start posting a LOT of fishing posts. I forget my username back then, sure if I looked back in the archives if available Id recognize it.

...I enlisted a couple other guys, Peabo was one as I recall, to do the same, to start posting lots of fishing related posts. After a few months, so many fishing posts were put up that managed to get the forum changed to a fishing forum, THE FISHING HOLE...and that my friends, is the humble origin of the fishing forum...THE FISHING HOLE...[;)]
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    The Competion Shooting and Reloading forum seems to be suffering the same fate. It was once one of the busiest reloading forums.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Ozark Fishing" post started in 2007. Only other one there is the one just posted by "elubsme".
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    I forget my username back then, sure if I looked back in the archives if available Id recognize it.Was it Bloviator [?]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    The "Ozark Fishing" post started in 2007. Only other one there is the one just posted by "elubsme".

Top right , change from last 30 days to show all posts. [;)]