In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Picked these up today.

ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
What do you guy's think. The Vest pocket .25 was made in 1919. The S&W I haven't figured out yet. I found that it is a model 10-6. The serial number starts with a "D". Anyone know what year it was made?

I gave $400 for both of these. Did I do good?

colt001.jpg

Comments

• Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Ugly grips on the Smith, I like the Colt though!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just finished cleaning the Colt. It cleaned up very nicely. Just wish the slide had more blueing. The S&W is in very good shape with minor holster wear. I took the brass off for now.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good deal , I just got me one of the vest pocket colts also.

PJ
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Sweet. I guess the price is ok, the guns sure are fine.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I love the old Colt 25s. I think it is the best 25 that has been made. I picked one up several years ago that had a lot of piting and external rust for $75 that was made in 1916. It was in good mechanical condition and I figured that it was an ideal carry gun. 100% reliable and I couldn't hurt it if I carried it in my pocket with my change. I have a Browning and an older Beretta, and they are not nearly as well made as the Colt.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    It was in good mechanical condition and I figured that it was an ideal carry gun.

I think high quality .25 autos are kind of neat little guns. No matter how mechanically reliable such a gun might be it is ballistically incapable of reliably stopping someone.

The Smith Model 10 with heavy barrel, on the other hand, is very close to the perfect hand weapon for personal defense.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd have to agree wish the dependability. I shot this one today and it shot flawlessly. Good groups for a pocket pistol to. Shots low but at 7 yards they all grouped about 3.5 inches.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    It was in good mechanical condition and I figured that it was an ideal carry gun.

I think high quality .25 autos are kind of neat little guns. No matter how mechanically reliable such a gun might be it is ballistically incapable of reliably stopping someone.

The Smith Model 10 with heavy barrel, on the other hand, is very close to the perfect hand weapon for personal defense.

I won't argue that the .25 is not a real man stopper but it can stop some. It just doesn't have the odds to do it on a regular basis. The Model 10 shot great today to. It shots better than I can. It will stop a man much more often than the .25 acp, but nothing is 100%. The best would be a .45acp IMHO.
  • Options
    DBAR15DBAR15 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with you on the stopping power of the little .25, but it sure beats not having a gun at all. That's the kind of gun for concealed carry while at a formal occasion or something of the like.