In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Doctor appointments

cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Recent thread got me thinking.
My first appt is 0700 and each appointment is 30 minutes.
Nurses, clerk and myself start at 0645.
We go over each patient and what labs, prescriptions, consults, radiographs may be needed.
Now lets say the 0700 patient doesn't check in til 0725 because "my alarm didn't go off"
The appointment at 0730 patient has checked in at 0710 and needs to get to work by 0800. I damn sure try to oblige her.
Now the 0800 appt and the 0700 patient are here and it is now 0756
Who should I see??

No matter the choice, the one not chosen will write a letter to obammy, their senator,represntative and veteran service officer criticizing me and my poor care and scheduling

So, which one is YOUR choice that I should see?

Of course, this is all PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, right

CP

Comments

• Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cant please everyone. Focus on the ones you can help and do your best with the others.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell it like it is (local). Make an appt. Show up 30 min early, told to sign in on a apt ledger. Another person (walk-in) shows about same time I do and told to sign on ANOTHER ledger (walk-in).

Three hour wait. Walk-in is already called back to Dr area, seen Dr an has departed. I'm now called to Dr area for all the stuff and later taken to Exam room. 30 min wait then Dr arrives for 5 min exam (no problems). Go to Check-Out for my next 4 month routine apt. Ask lady why a 3 hour wait and walk-ins go ahead. Lady states they must schedule 6, yes 6, apts every 30 min since some don't show up, it's policy. Asked why walk-in seen ahead of apts? If walk-in can spread their cold, etc to others, they will be seen ahead of normal routine apts.

NOTE: I know the Dr personally and gave him a royal * chewing. His reply was "Yep, the policies here are not the best in the world".

I now have a new Dr.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    PfBBbBbBbBbbbb...
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one with Obammy Care of course.
    JW
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    In my clinic, more than 15 min late for appt and they are offered a chance to schedule a new appt or wait until they can be "squeezed in". we schedule every 15 minutes but leave a spot open in morning and afternoon.

tom
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Why do you call the doctor's office for an appt. only to listen to a recording telling you they will call you later when they are not busy? Aren't they always busy?
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd have people sign an agreement when they schedule an appointment that says, simply, "If you are not here on time for your appointment, your scheduled appointment time will be given to the next available patient, and you will be required to reschedule."
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    It should be first come, first served [^]
    Late doesn't cut it [B)]