In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WINCHESTER SALE PERIOD OPENS JUNE 1st!

GunGopherGunGopher Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
Here we go folks. D-Day is June 1st and we've got just 3 weeks. You'll be able to see a lot of what you always wanted to know by registering and viewing the documents.

www.Winchester4Sale.com

Mike

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only way for this to work is to abolish the union. let the workers set up a corporation and buy the company. You can't have union machinest that don't give a crap about making a good product working for 15 + bucks an hour plus benifits and expect to make money.
  • Options
    ClaimbusterClaimbuster Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last summer I visted the Cooper rifle operation in Montana. It is a small place with only a dozen or so craftsman. I say "craftsman", because that is what they are. It is an attitude. An attitude you can feel. IMHO, this attitude comes from management. Cooper's management must believe that quality products, backed with good serbvice come first and that profits will follow.

Hopefully there is a buyer out there that will restore the Winchester name to what it once was.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With Olin a chancy thing a man would be a fool to buy it. Even if Olin would sell or lease it could very well cost many millions more. If they won't what would a person call the guns, Johns model 93 & 1/2 30-30?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To answer some of the issues.

Union contract is dead. Died with USRAC.

Management is gone.

Olin is receiving and will be receiving a LOT of preasure to licnese to the new manufacture. No guarrantees, but you'd know before you'd have to purchase the assets if you'd get the license, so that settles that issue.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Somebody could just use the name "Winchetser" or "Wichnester" instead of "Winchester" without getting Olin's ok. Heck, they'd probably still show up in the "smart search" because a lot of people can't spell anyway. I've seen sellers put "Clot", "Remmington" and "Shraps" in their titles and then wonder why nobody bids on them! [:D]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quikdraw67
    Spider -
    way back in the day the Coca-Cola Company sued copycats who sold similar drinks named "Koke", "Koka-Kola" etc. They won the lawsuits,

So I don't see a Wen Chesster rifle coming out anytime soon[;)]

Gee, then I guess I'd better cancel my order for my new Rutger 22/10, huh? [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spider,

I like the spunk, but yeah, we'd get burned if we used the Winchester name without permission from Olin, but the license is open and they've had a lot of pressure put on them, so we'll likely get it. Fall backs would be older versions of the Winchester name such as:

New Haven Arms
    Volcanic Rifle Co
    etc.

all of which were names for Winchester before Winchester was Winchester.

Thanks

Mike