In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The UZI Tactical Defender Pen

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
A manly pen so don't tell the ladies here![:D]

serf

http://www.gizmag.com/uzi-tactical-defender-pen/22829/

Looking for something to jot down a few lines of poetry as you sip camomile tea from your Battle Mug? While a Bic might do the trick, it would perhaps be more appropriate to use the UZI Tactical Defender Pen.

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've actually got one, though mine is an earlier version without the included handcuff key.

Honestly, I don't care for it at all. There are any number of other "tactical" pens that I like a lot better.

Pen itself is fatter and heavier than I'd like for writing (and lets face it, if you're carrying this thing around, you'll probably be writing with it a lot more than striking!).

The fact that it says "Uzi" on it means its not exactly stealthy. For some that may not matter, but for some having a pen that looks like a weapon isn't so good.

"DNA catcher" is a bunch of marketing BS. In practice, I question the ability of anyone to retrieve a useful DNA sample from something like this, and I also would like to see someone cite me an example where an impact DNA "collector" like this has actually led to a criminal conviction. My understanding is that if they do it at all, police only reserve expensive DNA testing for "special" crimes.

Any weapon that draws blood "could" be a "DNA collector" right? (Including a 1911. . if you hit someone with one, they'll be leaving some DNA lying around!).

My biggest problem with this is that its got a point on both ends. That means there isn't a "safe" end to put your thumb over to increase the power of a strike, or to brace on the inside of your palm for same. If you need to use this to punch a hole in something (not necessarily a living thing), point on both ends makes it much harder to do so safely.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf
    Looking for something to jot down a few lines of poetry as you sip camomile tea from your Battle Mug? While a Bic might do the trick, it would perhaps be more appropriate to use the UZI Tactical Defender Pen.

Heh.
    This is the pen for that. . .the Schrade tactical fountain pen!

SCHPEN3BKc.jpg