In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Village Is Missing Its Idiot? Billboards

EMCSEMCS Member Posts: 4,063
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Anti-Obama Billboards Spark Controversy In MA: `Somewhere In Kenya, A Village Is Missing Its Idiot'
by Andrew Kirell

A few homemade billboard signs in Hanson, Mass., have generated considerable controversy for their inflammatory anti-Obama messages.

Sitting on the property of motorcycle accessories distributor Sullivans Inc., one large sign shows President Barack Obama with a caption that reads: "Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing its idiot."

"Obama One Big * Mistake America, Vote Mitt Romney for 2012!" it reads below the main headline. The communist symbolic images of the hammer and sickle are on the president's shirt collar.

Several feet away, another sign shows a pouting young girl giving the middle-finger to the president. "Thanks, Obama," begins the caption in bold red letters, and then continues in child-like penmanship: "You've spent my lunch money, my allowance, my inheritance, 35 years of future paychecks and my retirement. You jerk."

One young father told the Patriot-Ledger that he frequently drives by the signs, and has to shield his 6-year-old daughter from seeing the image of another little girl flipping the bird. "If she saw that, she'd say `Why is that little girl doing that? What does that mean?'" he said. "How do I explain that?" Several stickers have been placed over the girl's middle finger as an attempt to quell the offensiveness of the image.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

http://tiny.cc/85ywjw

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
    edited November -1
    Finally, accuracy in advertising! No wonder they want to get rid of it.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Why would "they" be upset about the gesture- Aren't they the same people that are pushing for sex education and condon/bc pill availability to elementary schools?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Finally some people in that state telling the truth
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    So the father, while driving a car, with his daughter sitting leagally in the booster seat in the backseat has his hand in front of her face- that sounds about as safe as driving while talking on a cell fone and drinking whiskey while turning left.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh my God, we don't want any one to be traumatized by that awful display of the middle finger! Kids are exposed to far worse on a daily basis on tv.[:(!][xx(]
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know democrats that had the same slogan on bumper stickers during the Bush years, but it said "Somewhere in Texas----". Back then they thought it was witty.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know where some left wing liberals can put that finger and they would be smiling. I can't wait for the seating arrangement at the democrap convention * and next seat a muslim and so on. Somewhere in the seating arrangment they have to seat the dead and the illegals to keep the attendance up for the event
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Guess we still have freedom of speech.

For how long is the question.

I may not agree with the message but feel strongly that you have the right to say what you want.

In this case, I happen to agree with the billboard.

To the upset father, might as well sit down and have that conversation as to what that finger is all about. She will either figure it out on her own or someone else will clue her in. Best she hear it from you.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think we need to keep a high road here. You respect the office, if not the individual. If someone had put up a sign like that to Reagan, many would be righteously offended. Flipping off the President is extremely poor judgment and is wrong--no matter what the circumstances.

There are plenty of ways of getting the message across without coming down to their level, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to have MY young kids seeing that sign with the little girl.
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    I think we need to keep a high road here. You respect the office, if not the individual. If someone had put up a sign like that to Reagan, many would be righteously offended. Flipping off the President is extremely poor judgment and is wrong--no matter what the circumstances.

There are plenty of ways of getting the message across without coming down to their level, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to have MY young kids seeing that sign with the little girl.

My daughter got mad at me one time and shot me the bird ----she was 4 and had learnedly it in kindergarten.
    They always know more than we think.
    The father is just trying to find an excuse for his liberal indignation.
    Pretty flimsy excuse.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    While I agree about the impropriety of flipping the "BIRD" by anyone anywhere, I disagree about any undue respect being granted or expected for either the presidential office or those holding such. I base my statement on the belief that respect must be earned. It's not something automatically granted by virtue of office.

Two men in recent memory serving in this office have abused their position to such a degree as to have demeaned the office to a laughingstock throughout the world. Clinton by virtue of his antics and lies. Obama by virtue of his abuses of power, his secrecy, and his ethics.

Given that I can't use certain words that best define those such as Obama because of racial connotations, I'll have to be content to opine that Obama is a highly compensated welfare case. He doesn't much care to work, he enjoys public transportation, he really likes "free" stuff, he lives at the expense of the taxpayer, and he firmly believes that others should pay his way. Further, his present position for which he's totally unqualified is about the only type of public assistance I can think of that comes with so many benefits! Then again, I may have just defined most politicians, Obama merely being a top performer at the welfare trough.

So... I don't flip the "bird" nor use the forbidden "n" word. I'm not one who defines another by race nor skin color. But I am one who understands that the Office of President is MY OFFICE! I pay for the occupant to be there and to WORK FOR ME! I expect the occupant to follow the same rules as any citizen of the United States. Whomever holds this office has no right to be treated as royalty.

Respect for the office? Certainly I respect the office! But respect for the office doesn't mean that any of us should accept anything less than that for which we hired the officeholder, nor does it mean we should avert our eyes and ignore the failings of a fellow citizen just because of his office.

Those holding office ( any public office ) must be held accountable for their actions and performance! Failure is unacceptable on the part of such officials just as is failure by the electorate to hold such officials accountable.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    Oh my God, we don't want any one to be traumatized by that awful display of the middle finger! Kids are exposed to far worse on a daily basis on tv.[:(!][xx(]
    Thats providing parents aren't paying attention to what the kids are watching.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ob2.jpg
    kenya-village-missing-its-idiot.jpg
    somewhere_in_kenya_a_village_is_missing_its_bumper_sticker-p128235424364814548en8ys_400.jpg
    obama-economic-plan.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2012-08-30-at-2.21.20-PM-620x377.png
    [;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    poppaleepoppalee Member Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love how liberals scream "Respect for the Office" when they have the office, but let the other party have the office and then anything is OK.