In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage 12 .223 Range Report

dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
Here ya go....Savage 12 .223 range report from today. It was COLD! Hands numb after 10 minutes....had to keep the barrel warm!!

Savage 12, bull barrel, .223, BSA 6-24x44 scope, Leupold one piece base, Leupold rings, & Harris bipod.

The target actually ripped on the third shot of the eight shot group. Using Winchester 45gr Varmint factory loads. May only shoot out to 200 yards at this range. Lots of fun with the partial clay pigeons that were scattered about!

Savage12Rangereport.jpg

Savage12BB223.jpg

Comments

• Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Those of us who know Savage rifles are not surprized to see what your .223 is capable of, but the guy behind the scope has to do his part.
    Looks like you did.[:D]
    Congats on a fine piece of shooting.
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I told you that thing was going to shoot crazy groups.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Yes, absolutely rocks. VERY happy with the purchase.

Now, I have to set up a reloading bench and start working up some loads. Thanks to the "paintball forum"...I have some great info to start with.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    savages are just amazing for the money. I have shot several, .223 and 22-250, along with semi-auto 22 and bolt 22. My semi auto shoots very well for being a semi auto.
  • Options
    ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a kick butt group.

I shot this group at 300 yards today with my Savage 10FP 308 Wasn't too cold but had a 5 to 8 mph cross wind.

Still fine tuning the load hoping to tighten things up a lil.

300yard.jpg