In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg Front Sights

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
I'm in the market for a tritium ramped front sight for my Mariner or just a partridge (need the highth). It would be nice to screw on to the existing tap made for the bead (but a second hole wouldn't kill me). Just as long as it is "solid" after all it'll be proped up in the corner until needed. Seen a few on line but haven't been able to find the one since most are "Ghost Ring" set up and all I need is the front sight. If worse comes to worse I'll pick up a "GH" but which one of them will be durable? So do let me know your likes and I'll go look at them. Thanks much y'alls.

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive got a Mossberg Issue 590 DA with Ghost Ring nite sights,I also have a Mossberg 500 12 GA Police,and a Winchester 1300 Speedpump that came as a pistol grip.I bought a pistol grip stock and replaced it.As for the sights on the Mossberg 500 and the Winchester 1300 I bought the glow in the dark sight paint mostly because I didnt want ghost ring sights.The paint has worked excellant for me one application over a yr ago and they both light up nicely.If you would rather replace the sight with a bigger one I would try
    www.brownells.com or www.numreichgunsupply.com

Good Luck!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The thing is the Mariner is in the Bullpup configuration (like this http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35181041 without the carry handle and the foregrip) so the rear sight will not work unless it can be affixed to the heat shield. I have doubts on this since my eye may not line up and the cost for a regular or tritium ghost rings are about $150 (for something I may not use fully). Being what the Bullpup is (short home sweeper) I just need a good solid front sight Tritium would be nice but I have a thing of glow paint.

I've seen Williams front sights for Mossberg (http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/store/products/productDisplay~WILLIAMS~MOSSBERG+500+FIRE+SIGHT+SET~productID~284177.htm) and for most parts I like it. I do wonder if I can get other types of sights to fit in the dove tail?