In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spent more than I expected to at Rock Auto

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Just went in to buy a oil cooler lines for my '94 Caprice then got to clicking at all those clickables. Might as well get most for the shipping [:D]. Came across Idle Air Control (IAC) didn't know I had one and looked up what it did and I figure that needs replacing. Since I was in the area I also ordered a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Probably didn't need this but new can't hurt [:D].

So I got few bits to R&R on my staycation 2 in July [:D].

Finally found some rubber Throttle Plate Gasket. The one I got to replace the stretched out stock one was this odd cut out paper one that makes a mess by blackening behind the throttle body. So I'll clean that whole area.

That reminds me I'll need to get some greaser and a small brush and a can of carb cleaner. We'll see after the R&R and cleaning the car will run [:D].

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cheaper than at the dealer list price.....
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well rock auto had a great month on me also ( along with ebay and amazon vendors )
    I ordered two ac compressors , two dryers , two condensers for the AC for my old pickups both the AC gave up with in a week of each other ,
    I ordered for my wifes work car a accord spark plugs a iac valve head cover gaskets , spark plugs , catalytic converter
    for our element a set of outer tie rods .
    not to mention ebay for my old 8n ford tractor a new clutch and pressure plate , exhaust gaskets , sparkplus and wires .
    new door handle for one of the trucks seatc covers for a couple and floor mats
    oh ya a vacuum pump to evacuate the ac lines when I put all the new stuff on along with the r34a gas to fill them and of course a new o ring kits

needless to say I gained about a dozen of the rock auto magnet business cards with the customers cars like a collector set or series [B)][B)]
    I am sure I left something out
    like the new carbs for the weed wacker and chain saws . + some more but I am about asleep up with the dog to potty ..
    I guess I am saying do not feel alone [:I][:I]

when my wife sees the CC bill ( we pay it off every month ) she will be lets just go with not happy [:D]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to "bundle buy" from RA to save on shipping and usually have a shopping list of parts waiting for an order. Unless something major goes belly up requiring an immediate parts order, the order goes in about 4 times a year and it's always expensive.
    Right now, the list is mostly stuff for the "new to me" work pickup. Shocks, brake pads, radiator hoses, thermostat, belt--stuff that appears to be the OEM from 2004.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took my van to my mechanic on Tuesday for an oil change.

I picked it up yesterday. The bill was just shy of $1,000.

By mutual agreement -

The oil change lead to a faulty wheel bearing in the left front wheel.

It kinda needed new tires anyway. All the way around.

A test drive revealed warped brake rotors. (I knew about that, but just assumed it was due to the bad tires.)

On the plus side, it sure is nice now. [:D]
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by US Military Guy
    I took my van to my mechanic on Tuesday for an oil change.

I picked it up yesterday. The bill was just shy of $1,000.

By mutual agreement -

The oil change lead to a faulty wheel bearing in the left front wheel.

It kinda needed new tires anyway. All the way around.

A test drive revealed warped brake rotors. (I knew about that, but just assumed it was due to the bad tires.)

On the plus side, it sure is nice now. [:D]

Sounds like my last trip to the doctor[B)]

Rock Auto has good prices IMHO
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another Staycation? You really need to get out more Yosh. See some sights, chase some women, buy some guns not legal in Cali and figure out how to get them home, you know a little excitement.[:D]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I almost bought spark plugs for the rebate but the bill was close to $200 so I didn't. I do need to eat for two weeks after all. I suppose I could live off of what's in the pantry and freezer like if I were in some zombie apocalypse [:D].

He Dog - Get out? Dude that cost money. Not all Japos got fire crackers in their pocket and some of us are just trying to live fat on Top Ramen [:D].

Chase women? I think that's a felony in these parts [:D]. Besides I'm too tall for Japo girls and not white enough for the white girls. I just confuse Mexican girls. As for the sistas they just want some of this "yellow fever" in the "jungle fever". I'm more than a sushi roll, ya know? I got feelings. Besides in this day and age I'd be lucky 1/2 were genetically born female.

I need to get ready for the smog test. So this'll keep me busy.