In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunmaker takes customer's advice

forthhorsemanforthhorseman Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in General Discussion
About a year ago when I purchased my Uberti made Navy Arms No.3 Russian top break revolver (reproduction of S&W No.3 Russian 3rd model), I wrote an email to A.Uberti company recommending they use their No.3 Russian reproduction as a basis to create a reproduction of the S&W New Model No.3 revolver, since the New Model No.3 was based on the 3rd Model No.3 Russian. They politely wrote back thanking me for my interest, my patronage and my suggestion. Well, low and behold Beretta, who came out recently with their Stampede model reproduction SAA which is actually manufactured for them by Uberti, just introduced their new Laramie model, also made by Uberti and it is a reproduction of a S&W No.3 New Model just like I suggested a year ago. I think they should give me a free one.[;)]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36368229

Comments

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Buy Now is over $1,200. They can keep it for that price.

edited November -1
    That's why I want Beretta/Uberti to give me a free one. After all, it was my idea.[;)]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always thought the S&W 3's were cool and then I saw a picture of the Detonics' Proto-type Top Break Six Shooter in stainless (which went a missing) little before the shop closed. That I thought was very cool except I'd like to have the "Full Lug" if the new company brings it out in their run (I may go through the Wacked Out California Money making Scam Laws to own one). Like most of y'alls mentioned $1,200 is a bit much for the Uberti/Beretta (I'd pay that for the Detonics' top break though)[:p].