In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ZOMBIE question...

fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
Why is it, that no matter how fast a victim runs, a zombie still catches-up,wile merely stumbling along??
Do they have control over "space/time"?

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    It would be a boring movie if you could just ru away from them, where is the suspense in that?
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Because they paralize you with fear! You forget how to walk and you trip over your own feet. If you do get away they sneak up on you and plunge thier arms through walls to grab you.
  • Options
    meunkemeunke Member Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that's why most modern zombie movies opt for the 'sprinter' version (ie Dawn of the Dead, 28 days / weeks later, etc.)
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    any of you guys see the new Tarantino Zombie flick?

It's part of his "Grindhouse" double feature. It's the second one called "planet terror". Awesome brand new 70s B movie.

Ben
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because living people tire out. Zombies don't get tired or need to sleep.
  • Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    when people panic they run in circles and the zombie just waits. thats why a good BOOMSTICK is always important when zombies are possible
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "We're safe, but for how long?"

Canuck Zombies.....

[xx(]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XQEz0E3SH2Q
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dakota308
    when people panic they run in circles and the zombie just waits. thats why a good BOOMSTICK is always important when zombies are possible

What caliber broom stick have you found to work best?
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's that tortiose (sp) and hare thing.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Why is it, that no matter how fast a victim runs, a zombie still catches-up,wile merely stumbling along??
    Do they have control over "space/time"?

Jeff

Gotta take them out at the knees-[:D]
    seal.jpg
  • Options
    Msut77Msut77 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have unlimited endurance. A living human will always eventually tire out.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    It's kinda like the tortoise and the hare. The runners get tired and slow down, while the zombies keep plugging away and catch up sooner or later.[;)]
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always felt fresh Zombies would be running like a MoFo (as long as they weren't eaten too badly) and as they get older or just older corps would be slower from decay.

Now the "infected" from "28 Days/Weeks" are not really Zombies. They're just seriously tweaked out on Adrenaline with a skosh bit of RAGE[:D].
  • Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ
    quote:Originally posted by Dakota308

What caliber broom stick have you found to work best?

12gauge SXS works pretty well in EVIL Dead II and III
  • Options
    RidgeRidge Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headcrabs can get ya...

zombie8xmmx5.jpg
  • Options
    RaupleminzeRaupleminze Member Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While we are on the Zombie topic, Ive got a couple issues to talk about. In the remake of Dawn of the Dead, the Zombies can run which I think is BS. Not that we have any real Zombies to compare it to, and I will admit it does make things scarier. What do you guys think, can Zombies run? My second flaw I think that movie has is when they are getting ready to take the two shuttle buses to the boat they have to fight thru thousands of Zombies. Why didnt they just have the guy across the street at the gun shop thin out the herd for a couple days before the decided to move? Granted this is just hollywood stuff but I thought I would bring it up for discussion. Oh and the zombie baby part was dumb.
  • Options
    CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Raupleminze
    While we are on the Zombie topic, Ive got a couple issues to talk about. In the remake of Dawn of the Dead, the Zombies can run which I think is BS. Not that we have any real Zombies to compare it to, and I will admit it does make things scarier. What do you guys think, can Zombies run? My second flaw I think that movie has is when they are getting ready to take the two shuttle buses to the boat they have to fight thru thousands of Zombies. Why didnt they just have the guy across the street at the gun shop thin out the herd for a couple days before the decided to move? Granted this is just hollywood stuff but I thought I would bring it up for discussion. Oh and the zombie baby part was dumb.

I've always wondered about that myself. I mean the guy was in a gun shop in a big city, so you would figure he had huge inventory of ammo. He was also a good shot, one shot one kill. So Why didn't they just let the guy shoot untill all the Zombies were gone?
  • Options
    RaupleminzeRaupleminze Member Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cutiegirlracing
    quote:Originally posted by Raupleminze

I've always wondered about that myself. I mean the guy was in a gun shop in a big city, so you would figure he had huge inventory of ammo. He was also a good shot, one shot one kill. So Why didn't they just let the guy shoot untill all the Zombies were gone?

Exactly..........
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On "Dawn of the Dead" the zombies were relatively fresh and limber and on "Day of the Dead" they been dead for a while to get all jerkified. As for Andy (the gun shop dude) I recon it'll be hard to thin out the crowd in a decent sized city. Also while we're at the mall. Of all the crappiest malls I've been to had a so called "Sporting good" store had a small selections of ammo and the handguns/rifles to feed (yes even here in California[:D]). Now I know the selections might be lacking but they would've had common bits to work with.

Another thing they could've been working on the transport a wee bit sooner. And made it so it was top loading to clean out the gun shop. Like have a hatch on the roof while Andy covered the van while one of them passed the goodies from the second story down to the van. After a trip or two they could set up cover fire from the mall roof so they could load and controlled the population. Speaking of the population controll I would've let the dog girl go and watch her get zombiefied.

Any of y'alls seen the movie "Fido"? It's about a society living with zombies in the '50's of Beaver Cleaver/Lassie days. The zombies are collared which makes them no want to feed on the living and does simple day to day (like shagging shopping carts, move furniture and land scape). Also the elderly are seen as danger since they can die any minuet and can become zombies so at 60 or so they're sent away to collar them for menial duties.