In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Tranporter

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
So I'm watching this movie and think I am smart enough to identifiy a gun. I look it up and I am correct. It's a Beretta 92FS.

Now I'm watching a seen and Jason Statham or whoever is shooting up a card game. He is flip flopping from a blued 92FS to a 92FS Inox

350px-BerettaM92FS.jpg350px-Beretta-Inox.jpg

You have to be color blind to not see the difference.

Comments

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are posters here that will swear those pistols are identical, why should Hollyweird be any different?
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was sorta watching an episode of Bones and and when the guy said 'We found the murder weapon it was a Ruger Mark III .22 automatic pistol' I look up at the TV and it was anything but a MK III. Writers had the guy spout off a bunch of details about the ruger that were technically correct but that's not the prop they used.
  • Options
    poppaleepoppalee Member Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rule #1: Never open the package!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly
    Was sorta watching an episode of Bones and and when the guy said 'We found the murder weapon it was a Ruger Mark III .22 automatic pistol' I look up at the TV and it was anything but a MK III. Writers had the guy spout off a bunch of details about the ruger that were technically correct but that's not the prop they used.

On the military channel recently was a documentary on the Navy Seals in Grenada (< did I spell that right?". In that show they talked about the sniper that was there and his "Super High Tech" sniper rifle. The reenactment showed this "Super High tech" sniper rifle, it was a SKS with a detachable 30 round mag and a scope!! [:D][:D]
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Rule #2! Don't mess with Jason.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly

Maybe they couldn't get clearence for the real gun or didn't wanna get sued for bad mouthing? I guess that show still on? I stopped watching when Bone went on the lamb. I mean the bad guy for the season was a hacker? They should bring back Zack and the Gormagon so we know who he was.