In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sickest serial killer

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
john wayne gacy ?
jefferey dalhmer ?
ted bundy?
richard ramiraz ?
Andrei Chikatilo ?
Albert Fish?

how about holywood
leather face ?
Dr. Hannibal Lecter?
buffalo bill?

well i ran across this one looking for a pic of the night stalker, that i never heard of, i think this guy takes the cake and gave hollywood a few ideas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

On November 16, 1957, Plainfield hardware store owner Bernice Worden disappeared. When Worden's son told investigators that Gein had been in the store the evening before her disappearance, saying he would return the next morning for a gallon of antifreeze, the police began to suspect Gein. A sales slip for a gallon of anti-freeze was the last receipt written by Worden on the morning she disappeared.[16] Upon searching Gein's property, investigators discovered Worden's decapitated body in a shed, hung upside down by ropes at her wrists, with a crossbar at her ankles. The torso was "dressed out like a deer".[17] She had been shot with a .22-caliber rifle, and the mutilations were made after her death.[18]

Searching the house, authorities found:[19]

Whole human bones and fragments[20]
Wastebasket made of human skin[21]
Human skin covering several chair seats[22]
Skulls on his bedposts[23]
Female skulls, some with the tops sawn off[24]
Bowls made from human skulls[21]
A corset made from a female torso skinned from shoulders to waist[22]
Leggings made from human leg skin[21]
Masks made from the skin from female heads[25]
Mary Hogan's face mask in a paper bag[23]
Mary Hogan's skull in a box[26]
Bernice Worden's entire head in a burlap sack[27]
Bernice Worden's heart "in a plastic bag in front of Gein's potbellied stove"[28]
Nine vulvae in a shoe box[29]
A young girl's dress and "the vulvas of two females judged to have been about fifteen years old"[30]
A belt made from female human nipples[31]
Four noses[19]
A pair of lips on a window shade drawstring[19]
A lampshade made from the skin of a human face[19]
Fingernails from female fingers

These artifacts were photographed at the state crime laboratory and then destroyed.[3

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes, Gein did a lot with dead bodies that just ain't right, that is for sure. Otis Toole is right up there with him, I'm afraid and that guy killed more than just two people his own self.[xx(]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I imagine that being a homicide investigator would often times be a very difficult job. [V]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    There's also Gary Ridgway who was convicted of killing 48 women and having sex with their dead bodies. He confessed to killing about 90 some odd women.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would vote for Vlad the Impaler
    I read a book about him when I was in high school if I remember hundreds at a time were were not uncommon
    he was hero to some and to others not so much [xx(][xx(]

Vlad the Impaler

draculaVlad the Impaler was well known for the punishment that he adopted, the impalement, this is the reason why he was named Tepes, which means The Impaler. The method of impaling criminals and enemies and raising them aloft in the town square for all to see is associated with his ruthless image. Almost any crime, from lying and stealing to killing, could be punished by impalement.

Vlad the Impaler used various means of torturing including, cutting of limbs, blinding, strangulation, burning, cutting off noses and ears, mutilation of sexual organs, scalping, skinning, exposure to the elements or to wild animals and boiling alive. Death by impalement was slow and painful. Victims sometimes endured for hours or days. Vlad the Impaler often had the stakes arranged in various geometric patterns. The most common pattern was a ring of concentric circles in the outskirts of the city that was his target. The height of the spear indicated the rank of the victim. The decaying corpses were often left up for months.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Why are those creatures even taken alive? I'm sure they resisted in some form or fashion in a time before bodycams.
  • Options
    tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny thing is that Gein would go to the bar and get drunk and brag about what he done to all these missing girls. Everyone though he was this crazy old hermit who was seeking attention. He did his for years, and would lure young girls out to his rural location with babysitting jobs. Read this all in Time/Life crimes and punishment series in Jr high library. This series was next to there WWI and WWII series. While the other boys in my class were looking at droopy African booby's in Nat. Geo. or hot rod mags.

What I learned from this was to be cautious of the weirdos, every small town had them. My town had two and when I was in senior high they started hanging together, wierd!!!

Gacy was another weird one, and I wonder if what he did had some responsibility in the demise of the circus. When I was a kid clowns were silly and funny. Today they have a whole other stigma. My boys are in late teens and early 20's and are freaked out by Clowns and my 10 year old is petrified by them.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mans inhumanity to man or women is bizarre. What about Hitler and Stalin no one comes near the bodycount these two psychopaths murdered.

Certainly these mass killers had their henchmen carry out the dirty deeds. In a morbid way it is fascinating to see the evidence of some of these atrocities. As far as the victims willingness. Certainly most had know idea what they were in for.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i blame creepy clowns on stephen kings "it"
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am thinking none of these guys hold a candle to Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin and Pol Pot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I am thinking none of these guys hold a candle to Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin and Pol Pot.

they didnt do it themselves, then wear their skin and body parts , who collects *'s, ive heard of panties but damn
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is often overlooked is that these people are truly sick. Our brains function through chemical and electrical signals. A slight misbalance of a chemical can have profound effects in the way we filter our thoughts and actions. Where a normal person may think "I wish that guy was dead" his normal brain blocks him from acting on his thought process because the correct balance of chemicals and electrical pathways form a "filter" on that thought and stop it from becoming an action. In a psychopath it is a well known fact that there are chemical misbalances that prevent the normal filtering of the thoughts and actions.

So, are these people sick, absolutely yes. The question is, if there was a medication that could permanently fix this problem and essentially restore their "filters" and truly bring an end to their psychopathic behavior, would you be able to forgive them?
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jim_lemay
    King Leopold II of Belgium was responsible for the deaths and mutilation of 10 million Congolese Africans during the late 1800's

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/blog/11297#ixzz4ZwJLalT1.

Hard to say who, or whom was the guiltiest party:

"Leopold used a private mercenary force, Force Publique (FP), to do his terrorising and killing. White Officers commanded black soldiers many of whom were cannibals from tribes in the upper Congo.."
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gary heidnick from philly...

Chaining up street prostitutes in his row home basement and cooking them and eating them...

Feeding the street walker stew to other captives...

I have not googled it but that's what I remember off the top of my head...

Pretty sick.

Mike
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if there was a medication that could permanently fix this problem

sure enough!

400px-Colt_King_Cobra_4int.jpg
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Gary heidnick from philly...

Chaining up street prostitutes in his row home basement and cooking them and eating them...

Feeding the street walker stew to other captives...

I have not googled it but that's what I remember off the top of my head...

Pretty sick.

Mike
    Soon as I read the name I remembered it. Was hanging with some PFD guys back then and it was a big story
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a slow trip thru a wood chipper should be the treatment of choice...a mex farm worker here made a mistake and went up to his belly button in a tub grinder...shipped him home in a smaller box....bad deal
  • Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets not be racist and forget Juan Corona. I did not know he was still alive.

EvilDr235
  • Options
    big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dr. Hannibal Lecter...

Hollywood based his screen character off of this guy....Ed_Gein

http://hubpages.com/politics/Ed_Gein_The_Real_Hannibal_Lector
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gary was a pretty sick puppy.

He had one of those bunker like row homes with the garage off the back alley and a basement...

He was quiet - a good neighbor - always said hello - picked up his trash cans and kept up the yard...

He was arranging for dates (incalls) with low level street prostitutes and alley hookers...

He would drug them and chained them up in the basement - torturing and raping them at will...

He had some slow cookers - he was cutting up - butchering the hookers and eating them...

He was feeding them to other captives he had alive in the basement...

This went on for quite sometime - was quite elaborate.

Hiedniks house of horrors I believe was the headline.

Always stuck in my mind as pretty sick - damn near fictional in nature.

Mike
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look up HH Holmes.

That's a wild case for sure. Dude built am entire office building for the purposes of murder.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Dahmer & Gein.

Wisconsin; your'e among fiends!

Gein did his sentence at Waupan State Prison.

He was a butcher there. For real.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sick for sure but not all that surprising .When you work in mental health field you learn there are no limits to human depravity
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was wondering why Gein wasn't on the list. It's about him.