In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Serving Texas Judge Not a US Citizen

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
CBS has this story too, so it's not a hoax.

I guess if a Kenyan can be POTUS, most any position is open?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/18/municipal-judge-texas-unpaid-leave-pending-u-s-citizenship/329268001/

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like she didn't know that she had to be US citizen according to the article. Sounds like Corpus Christi are the ones screwed up
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cannot say the judge is the one who messed up.

She appears to have done everything correct.

Came to the US legally to study law (even if she is a Red Raider alumni [:D])
    Passed the Texas State Bar after becoming a legal resident
    Did not tell anyone that she was a citizen and the question was never presented to her

Corpus Christi is the causation here
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Nothing Burger! [:p]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Sounds like she didn't know that she had to be US citizen according to the article."

That's just peachy--a judge who doesn't know the law. Ignorance of the law has never made a good excuse in court so why would it be acceptable for a judge?
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "Sounds like she didn't know that she had to be US citizen according to the article."

That's just peachy--a judge who doesn't know the law. Ignorance of the law has never made a good excuse in court so why would it be acceptable for a judge?
    ++++10000
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe

That's just peachy--a judge who doesn't know the law.Ignorance of the law has never made a good excuse in court so why would it be acceptable for a judge?
    ++++10000

Sheesh, it's not a law! It's just the cities policy!!!

As much as you two know the law, or at least think there's laws when they don't exist. It's a Good thing you guys aren't judges, you'd send a person to jail for eating apple in Public.

[V][V][V]
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

She is a World Citizen.Probably has International Drivers License to prove it.

How can a count or city miss this error is beyond me.

serf

http://www.aaa.com/vacation/idpf.html
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Growing up in America with the schooling and training she had I'm curious as to why she never applied for citizenship, if anyone should know better it's her......a Judge ! Hell, even illegals aliens know better....I think she knew exactly what she was doing [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Growing up in America with the schooling and training she had I'm curious as to why she never applied for citizenship, if anyone should know better it's her......a Judge ! Hell, even illegals aliens know better....I think she knew exactly what she was doing"

BINGO!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trying to get on the "Diversity" bandwagon without thinking or vetting.
    All to common in government.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for Texas, the new california.

The sooner the collapse, the sooner the rebuilding can start.

The only reason it is a big deal is because she is Asian. If she were black it would be "free pass" time.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:(]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1

"Growing up in America with the schooling and training she had I'm curious as to why she never applied for citizenship, if anyone should know better it's her......a Judge ! Hell, even illegals aliens know better....I think she knew exactly what she was doing"

BINGO!!!!!!!!

No where does it say she grew up here it said she came here to study law.
    No law says she has to be a citizen to be a judge only city policy that was not on the application.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bearman49709

No where does it say she grew up here it said she came here to study law.
    No law says she has to be a citizen to be a judge only city policy that was not on the application.
    Regardless of how you spin it she has no right as a foreigner to levy unto any person in any United States court of law a fine or jail sentence......city policy or not. If I was sentenced or fined by her as a phony Judge the "city" had best be looking out [:(!].....and any American jury member would agree [;)]. Can you say Kangaroo court in English [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    Good for Texas, the new california.

The sooner the collapse, the sooner the rebuilding can start.

The only reason it is a big deal is because she is Asian. If she were black it would be "free pass" time.

Any "state" that has "Keep insert town name here Weird" as a slogan gets what they get.

Look forward to all the verdicts being overturned or re-tried. Might bankrupt that city and empty out the jails and prisons.