In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First Jim Carry and now this

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took a look at a few of the comments....

There's a lot of pissed off people over this political 'cartoon'...
    And rightly so.... Obviously the guy who created the cartoon has no clue.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gangster media...

Why would anyone publish this shameful trash?

No respect for the this family. Or a hero of the Nation.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    always going to be a p o s somewhere...
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I was never a fan of Kyle but that cartoon has no redeeming qualities. Typical of the tastelessness which has accompanied the "dumbing down of America".
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I emailed the moron, and CC-ed the email to his boss:

quote:Dear Lee Judge,

Your recent political cartoon mocking the death of Chris Kyle was insensitive, ill-timed, and very offensive. How DARE you use the death of a US Service member from ANY branch of the military to push your political views on your readers?

The men and women of the United States armed forces are the only thing that guarantee your right to be employed in the career field of your choice. They are the only thing that guarantee your right to be able to say pretty much anything you want to say in your (to use the term VERY loosely) "art." And every single member of the United States armed forces is a volunteer. They WILLINGLY said, "I will put myself in harms way for the citizens of the United States, because some things are worth dying for."

What have you EVER done to protect the rights of others?

I believe you, sir (another term used VERY loosely), need to take a class on the origins of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights before you are allowed to make another political cartoon that bashes a right granted to the citizens of the United States, and protected by the most infringed-upon Amendment in our country's history (even though the language of that Amendment specifically says not to infringe upon it).

A VERY disgruntled reader...

Jake Jennerman

p.s., I am CC-ing this email to your boss as well, so you cannot deny that you are getting very negative feedback on your lack of sensitivity towards the death of one of the greatest Americans to live in modern times, and your very obvious desire to deny the American people a right that they are entitled to, even though you make your living using another right that the American people are entitled to.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like you covered it pretty well. I'm ashamed that a newspaper, once reated as #3 in the nation, and being in close proximity to where I live, would stoop to this.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    This jerk needs a beating, I hope he cowers in fear awaiting what needs to be done.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sent this Libtard and his boss an email. I let him know that I thought his cartoon was in poor taste.

What I would really like is about 5 mins in a room with him.

Here is an article I found where the KC Star is trying to justify the cartoon. It has a picture of Lee Judge also.

http://www.bottomlinecom.com/kc-star-attempts-to-justify-lee-judge-cartoon/

Here is a C&P

Over the years Judge's liberal cartoons have made fun of religion, anti-abortion groups, conservative political candidates, Boy Scouts, corporate executives, etc. Many felt his very personal attacks on former KCMO Mayor Mark Funkhouser (and his wife and children) also crossed a line of civility.

I guess people have cancelled their subscriptions and the paper is hurting from this Libtard and other like him.
    RLTW

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good on you Zulu.
    Most of these liberals that are good at disparaging those whose oppose their views, and become deeply upset when they become the subject of derision. They are condecending elitists. How dare you disagree with a liberal.

Democrats: Attempting to disarm American citizens since 1968
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Using his First Amendment rights to mock the Second Amendment and a guy that pledged his life to defend them both....how very american of him.