In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

School bus driver drops 4-year-old at shelter

EMCSEMCS Member Posts: 4,063
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
School bus driver drops 4-year-old at homeless shelter
Written by John Croman

A Minneapolis preschooler ended up at a homeless shelter miles from where she lives on her first day of school Wednesday.

LadyAshley Myers told KARE her 4-year-old daughter, LadyOurlove McInnis, is still traumatized by the incident.

"My daughter has not slept in the bed with me since she was 2-years-old. Last night, she slept in a bed with me because she was so upset," Myers told KARE.

"She didn't want to school today, but I told her it's okay to go to school. Mommy will be there to drop you off and I'll be there to pick you up."

The girl started in the High Five accelerated preschool program at Bryn Mawr Elementary in Minneapolis Wednesday, and said she enjoyed it. The trouble came at the end of the day.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

http://tiny.cc/vt3wjw

Comments

• Options
    fizzerfizzer Member Posts: 748 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Serious: What a shame, I hope she will be ok.

Not so serious:"LadyOurlove McInnis" when will the insanity end, she was probably hoping to get adopted and given a real name like LaQuisha.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    For naming the child "LadyOurLove," her momma should be pistol-whipped.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    I would be pissed if that was my kid.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yesterday I was involved with a situation involving a child left on a school bus at the end of the route. It seems the youngster was supposed to be dropped at a Grandparent's home but was missed. I was conducting business with a client at his shop when another child whom I guessed at 6-7 approached us asking if we knew ___ ___. Since it was not in my home area I didn't but the client recognized the last name and sent the little girl toward that house. Within minutes the girl returned saying the other child(a boy) had decided to just "stay on the bus overnight". My client just shrugged and said something about it being the parents' problem. I insisted I wasn't going to walk away from the situation and offered to contact a friend who's a Sheriff's deputy in that county. That seemed to motivate my client to get involved and follow up to make sure the boy was properly cared for.
    Why the bus driver did not handle the problem is unknown. Regardless, I wasn't going to leave the area w/o resolving the difficulty.
    During the years I was a Postmaster, I always made it known that any kid who didn't get picked up at the bad weather bus stop in town could come to the PO and have a warm place and phone to use. This happened numerous times and was just a part of the service to the community.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I would be pissed if that was my kid.

If you named your kid "Ladyourlove", she'd be pissed, too.