In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Timberwolf rifle seizer

Rockhound-3Rockhound-3 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
Received letter from ATF that I must return to them the reciever from the IMI Timberwolf .357 mag. rifle I purchased from New Helvetia Mercantile Co.(Sacramento, CA). Purchased this rifle in a kit(missing about 10-12 parts) from an advertisement in Shotgun News. FFL required for purchase. It seems the recievers on these rifles do not have the proper import marks on them. ?? Is this happening to other gun owners. ?? Is there any way that I can get these special import marks so I can keep this rifle. I contacted the company I purchased this rifle from to see if I could get reimbursed and they all but told me to get SCREWED.

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,414 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    How could you hand your property over to the Gestapo, didn't you sell that thing to Jim Smith at the last gun show?

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    How could you hand your property over to the Gestapo, didn't you sell that thing to Jim Smith at the last gun show?

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!

I'm pretty sure the name I used was Hazim Ali Akbar Smith...what's with this "Jim?"
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may wish to contact an attorney regarding the matter.

cat.gif
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Give up the gun and go on with life.
    The damm thing aint worth the hassle.
    And the BATFE will not give up, until they have it in their hands.
    Dont even try to cover up or lie to them, just more problems.
    And, No, there is no other way to rectifiy the matter, other than give the BATFE, the weapon,
    Walte
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on how many of these rifles were sold by the company you bought it from there may well be a class action lawsuit in the future. If you don't want to wait for other people to start a class action you could always file a small claims suit to recover the purchase price. If you check with the department of state in whatever state the seller was in they can tell you who the registered agent for the company is. That's the person you would have served with the papers.

cat.gif
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    This not the frist time that the BATFE has allowed imported parts kits slip by the import inspection process, that were not de-milled to the BATFE's specs.
    Then the BATFE decides latter on that all the kits are "contriban" after the fact.
    Then go after everyone that has purchased a kit.
    As for as trying to sue the seller forget it, He sold it in good faith that the BATFE had did their job properly.
    If your going to try to sue anyone try the BATFE, lots of luck, you have to have the goverments permission to sue!!!

I remember about 2 or 3 years, that Coles Distr, and the improper de-milled IMI Uzi kits that were released by US Customs & the BATFE, what a crap strom!.
    Same as in your case, its a lost cause.

One of the down falls of buying kits, building kit guns, or buying kit guns.
    Walte
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As my Canadian freinds say: "Amerika, land of the free, eh. Your government just allows you to think you are free"

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give them the parts. The cost anit worth the hassle you would get fron the BASSTURDS[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud