In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stage 4 Cancer

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
I beat it who else has. Also do you have a lot of problems from it.

Comments

• Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Congrats,you are a lucky man! I've never had it at any stage,but have been watched for it for 25 years.Every biopsy,another scare wondering if you have a future and waiting for the dreaded news.I cannot imagine what you have been through.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife cousin was just diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer at 67. He has 0 chance on fighting it. He is diabetic with one kidney that was a transplant. He has about a month.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that it is a nasty beast.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    My mother is a retired RN who spent 20 years working in Oncology and during that time she worked with many hundreds of stage 4 patients. The numbers of those stage 4 patients who survived your particular cancer could meet in a single hospital ward.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You inspire me, Dave, and I thank you for the time you spend relating your challenges and victories over those challenges to us.

Cancer killed both of my grandparents on my father's side, my father, and my grandmother on on my mother's side. Knowing what you have gone through and how you continue to triumph has changed my attitude as to how I will approach the news when the inevitable is related to me. I currently get 20+ non-cancerous and pre-cancerous (whatever that means) polyps removed from my large intestine every year. Total removed is 200+ to date, and my mortality stares me in the face every year.

I face the test results with a 100% different attitude now as compared to just a couple of years ago, and am a much better (I think) person after knowing how you have handled your challenges.

Honestly, I cannot thank you enough.

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did, it will be two years in January.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've often wondered how spanielsells made out with his tongue cancer. He was about to start construction on his dream house and things were starting to break well for him when he was diagnosed. Then he disappeared.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.