In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Answer this question or I'll remove my bid....???

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I swear....sometimes people just MAKE you want to hate them. Rather than sending an email asking a simple question I get...

"I am high bidder on your _____ and I want additional pictures of _____ _____ and _______. If you cannot provide these pics I will remove my bid."

Why on earth do people bid on things and then decide they want me to jump through hoops to make them keep their word??? If you made a bid on an auction....its too late to start playing "hard ball." I will probably provide the pictures, but the whole attitude makes me not want to.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Tell him that you'll provide the pics to the WINNING bidder upon request. I'd report him right now. But then again, it's not my business hobby.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2-F's in 1 month [:0][:0][;)]

Report him now and be done with it.[:)]

Todd
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send him some naked pictures and see what happens next.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,010 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I thought hobbies were suppose to be relaxing and easy[;)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    kasey, the guy is afraid he'll actually win the auction and have to explain it to the spouse.
    he wants out. cancel his bid and block him from your auctions.
    you'll be doing him and yourself a favor.
    jmho
    tom
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The first thing I'd ask is for are the specifics of the Gun Broker auctions which allows for someone to remove their bid.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan

I'd probably..no, I'M SURE I'd overbid.

Oh, the Ecstasy!

wuv, Joe
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:The first thing I'd ask is for are the specifics of the Gun Broker auctions which allows for someone to remove their bid.

IIRC the bidder has to ask the seller to remove the bid.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only I was enough of a hacker to double his bid.[8]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sometimes these guys are worth all of this trouble, but sometimes they are just NOT!

Two "F"s in one month....it drives me crazy sometimes. I see some people go forever without any trouble, but I really don't see how I could do anything differently to avoid it myself???
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    People are just stoopid. I dont see how you full timers do it sometimes.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Sometimes these guys are worth all of this trouble, but sometimes they are just NOT!

Two "F"s in one month....it drives me crazy sometimes. I see some people go forever without any trouble, but I really don't see how I could do anything differently to avoid it myself???

I don't get how these people think they can play hardball? They do this then you kaput them. Per GB's rules. He can't retract his bid once it's been placed. Him knowing the proof is against him, all you'll have to do is relist it.

And, FWIW, don't be posting any nekkid pics....I can't afford to bid on everything you got![;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only thing Nekid in this house is Purdy and her buddies!

IMG_5363.jpg
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey,

Just make it easy on yourself and say... okay do so... then you can do a give-away here on the forum... hehehe (note the official green font of sarcasm)

[:o)]

COB (soon to be Southern gentleman)[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is about time for me to drag something out and do one of those!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only thing Nekid in this house is Purdy and her buddies!

IMG_5363.jpg

I see your doggies have snuggleupagus in them as well....[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Say Kasey,

I didn't want to step on this thread but after reading it I had to tell you what one guy wanted me to do. I have a set of the original AR10'er newsletters. At one time some years ago there were a bunch of us AR10 afficianados. This was back in the day where the original AR10 parts kits were being imported and some people were making lower receivers and complete guns were being sold. So many of the owners of these guns got together and one fellow in Colorado starting producing monthly newsletters. Anyone could send in photos of their guns,
    ask questions or talk about AR10 related stories. Well to make a long story short I have probably what is like one of maybe five sets of these newsletters in existence.
    A guy emails me a few weeks back and asks me to send him the complete set of newsletter
    via EMAIL. There is some where like two and a half years of newsletters. Some where in the neighbor hood of 200 pages.
    Needless to say I was in a state of shock. After saving that email for a few weeks I finally deleting it. I had to save it and look at it every day until my disbelief wore away.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I find it hard to believe that there was a missing photo angle in one of your auctions. You are as thorough as they come when it comes to photos...both quantity and quality.

According to Jeff Foxworthy.....

Naked means you have no clothes on.

Nekkid means you have no clothes and are up to something![:D]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    I find it hard to believe that there was a missing photo angle in one of your auctions. You are as thorough as they come when it comes to photos...both quantity and quality.

According to Jeff Foxworthy.....

Naked means you have no clothes on.

Nekkid means you have no clothes and are up to something![:D]

I'd tend to go along with those notions.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Tell him that if we wins the auction that it is legally binding and he is legally obligated to complete the terms of the auction as outlined by gunbroker.com. If he wins and does not want the item that it is possible for you to relist it only if he pays your fees, otherwise he would be legally responsible for the entire amount. Tell him the time to request further information or pictures was before a bid was placed. Then tell him that you will gladly provide more information but he will have to ask again in a civilized manner.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cancel his bids and/or block the bidder. I would NOT want to deal with this moron.

1. Ask questions BEFORE bidding.

2. Make requests for photos or info POLITELY.

3. Don't make THREATS.

This POW has 3 strikes in one email.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I would send a copy of that email to customer service and head this "F" off at the pass.
    Seriously, your rating is way lower than you deserve.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Say Kasey,

I didn't want to step on this thread but after reading it I had to tell you what one guy wanted me to do. I have a set of the original AR10'er newsletters. At one time some years ago there were a bunch of us AR10 afficianados. This was back in the day where the original AR10 parts kits were being imported and some people were making lower receivers and complete guns were being sold. So many of the owners of these guns got together and one fellow in Colorado starting producing monthly newsletters. Anyone could send in photos of their guns,
    ask questions or talk about AR10 related stories. Well to make a long story short I have probably what is like one of maybe five sets of these newsletters in existence.
    A guy emails me a few weeks back and asks me to send him the complete set of newsletter
    via EMAIL. There is some where like two and a half years of newsletters. Some where in the neighbor hood of 200 pages.
    Needless to say I was in a state of shock. After saving that email for a few weeks I finally deleting it. I had to save it and look at it every day until my disbelief wore away.

If the AR10 had been a piston gun you would have had plenty of extra time to scan those pages for the guy but I can understand with all that cleaning you just could not find the time[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I checked this morning and he has been outbid (thank goodness!)

People are so odd sometimes. I recently went back and forth with a guy that won a 1911. He got the gun and decided that the mainspring housing was incorrect for that gun. We contacted several experts to "authenticate" his gun for him. He wasn't happy....no matter who we got to tell him it was as it should be. The people we were getting our information for him are THE GUYS you want to listen to....but he still told me he was sending the gun back. Over a month has passed and I haven't gotten the gun. At this point I will not accept his return. Its very frustrating. He isn't the one that won the gun on auction...his FFL bid on it for him. The FFL has been super nice.

There is another one too....a guy won a gun with a mag that works in the gun, but may or may not be the mag that came from the factory. The mag is plainly shown in the pictures and everyone agrees that it is fine, but this guy wants $55 to buy a "correct" mag. Sometimes it is just easier to deal with things and not go back and forth.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    If only I was enough of a hacker to double his bid.[8]

[:D]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell him when he gets the rifle he can take all the pictures he wants. [;)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what's the link?

I say wait him out, don't respond. Just let him get out bid.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Next time Purdys taking a DUMP send him a pix [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IMG_0218.jpg

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad the jerk got outbid.
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1

yaa, naked pictures of the South end of a * heading North
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friday night, bidding whilst drunk as a skunk.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Friday night, bidding whilst drunk as a skunk.

Aaahhh the happiness of it all[:D][:D].....[:0]oops, won that one
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Say Kasey,

If the AR10 had been a piston gun you would have had plenty of extra time to scan those pages for the guy but I can understand with all that cleaning you just could not find the time[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Wulfmann

I've been cleaning that gun since 1978 and I'm still not done.[;)][;)][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1
    Sometimes these guys are worth all of this trouble, but MOST TIMES they are just NOT!

I fixed it for ya. [:)]
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I checked this morning and he has been outbid (thank goodness!)

People are so odd sometimes. I recently went back and forth with a guy that won a 1911. He got the gun and decided that the mainspring housing was incorrect for that gun. We contacted several experts to "authenticate" his gun for him. He wasn't happy....no matter who we got to tell him it was as it should be. The people we were getting our information for him are THE GUYS you want to listen to....but he still told me he was sending the gun back. Over a month has passed and I haven't gotten the gun. At this point I will not accept his return. Its very frustrating. He isn't the one that won the gun on auction...his FFL bid on it for him. The FFL has been super nice.

There is another one too....a guy won a gun with a mag that works in the gun, but may or may not be the mag that came from the factory. The mag is plainly shown in the pictures and everyone agrees that it is fine, but this guy wants $55 to buy a "correct" mag. Sometimes it is just easier to deal with things and not go back and forth.
    Make sure you block him [:)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well since we have a thread about auctions,.....let me toss this question out before the poof comes![:D]
    This is the 'other side of the coin' per se.

A member here that is well known, but will remain nameless listed a certain type of unusual shotgun that is not manufactured anymore.

I bid on it, and was high bidder when I saw him start asking questions about what he was selling here. It came to light that this particular firearm was one that had a recall due to an issue with the safety/trigger system that could result in accidental discharge.

He changed the auction description to reflect this, but of course it was after I had bid. Company was gone, and no way to get the replacement parts easily to bring it up to snuff.

Anywho,......I e-mailed said member and told him I really didn't want this firearm after reading the updated description. I told him I would pay his fees and he could relist, and if that wasn't enough I would follow through if someone didn't outbid me.

Fortunately someone DID outbid me at the end, but he still blocked me from his auctions. Not crying about what is fair, as it's his business to do as he pleases, but I think I did everything possible to be an honest person.

What did I do wrong?
    And BTW,....I have no issue with said member to this day, nor do I think badly of him.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think you did anything wrong....that sounds like everything went as it should. Any time someone has wanted to take their bid off of one of my auctions I agreed and contacted Gun Broker. Since you were outbid I don't think it was a big deal on that one.

There was this one guy one time that contacted me and wanted to remove his bid AFTER he had been outbid!!!! That was crazy. He was a complete nut.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think you did anything wrong....that sounds like everything went as it should. Any time someone has wanted to take their bid off of one of my auctions I agreed and contacted Gun Broker. Since you were outbid I don't think it was a big deal on that one.There was this one guy one time that contacted me and wanted to remove his bid AFTER he had been outbid!!!! That was crazy. He was a complete nut.

It worked out fine,.....but I have always been confused as to why he blocked me from his auctions over a mistake that he made.

I did everything I could to be a nice guy I believe.
    Whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. I was just disappointed in said members behavior.

I have no doubt you run into all kinds Kasey.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner