In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cynical

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
And old age goes togeather, Im talking about me Im a 67 year old male. Have been lied to my hole life and I do not believe any thing I here over the new's on TV or new's paper. And what time I have left will not be waisted on other people. I need some new eye glases so I made an Appointment with Dr. The appointment was for 1:30 Pm. I got their at 1:15 The Dr got back from doing Lunch at 2:00. I told him to go to hell, He knew that he had a patient to see at 1:30, I was not going to PAY him to use up any more of my time, I will do with what time I have left as I see fit, Not others. I have another Eye appointment for tomorrow with a differnt dr. It will be fun to see if he wants to play games. OK I FEEL BETTER NOW.

Comments

• Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, you really need to see a doctor about that.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA PATRON-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    Good for you.
    At least his next lunch wont be paid for with your money.
  • Options
    babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you! That's one of my pet peeves......Molly

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759...//// YOU KNOW WHAT IS REALLY ANNOYING? TO ENGAGE IN DEBATE WITH A PERSON'S INTELLECT, ONLY TO DISCOVER YOU ARE REALLY ARGUING WITH THEIR EGO!... MOLLY...2005
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CHGOTHNDER
    Man, you really need to see a doctor about that.

Sorry Chuck is right, and you know it. [:D] [:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    chgothnder, what kind of MED'S are you on that wont let you get mad when some one misses with you????????????
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    Good for you! That's one of my pet peeves......Molly

Obviously, one of many.

btw, Been shooting lately?

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Im with you Chuck,, My time is a valuable as the doctors time is to him.. It sucks when you have an appointment at three, and you dont get to see the doc until 5.. Or the one I hate is going to see the Doc, and he aint there and they re-schedule you, Hell they coulda phoned instead of me haveing to get ready and drive all the way there.. That really Bums me out...

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you Chuck.
    My daddy always told me that "9 oclock, means 845". Depending on the circumstances, I will begrudgingly give someone fifteen minutes the other way-beyond fifteen is just offensive.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Take two shots of whisky and see me in the morning. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go Chuck. [:D]

We had a dentist appointment for #2 son. The office was WAY across town, and I was not sure how long it would take, to drive there. We arrived about 20 minutes early, where (at first) we did not have a problem waiting for the appointed time. I actually fell asleep in the waiting room. My wife was there, and she would have know if we had been called.

When I woke up I asked what time it was, which turned out to be a half hour past our scheduled appointment. (Keep in mind that this was the only dentist that I could find, that would perform this particular procedure, with the insurance that was available. So it is not like I had a choice of dentists) In NO uncertain terms, I voiced my displeasure. We were ushered in right away.

On ALL of the follow-up appointments, we were seen as soon as we arrived, which is usually 15 minutes before the appointed time.

You can be sure that they will continue to treat you in this manner, unless you voice your displeasure.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    And another thing. ya wait an hour, then they take ya into a little room, take your blood pressure and ya set and wait another hour..

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Customer service will go the way of the do-do bird, unless we all act like Chuck. Now can somebody tell me how to redress AT&T since they no longer have an office and on the phone, their employees are better versed at clouding the issue than solving it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Big C, I know what you mean and I have gotten up and left their little room after the blood preasure thing, I only wait 15 min, then I'm gone. I have gone back to the same Dr. once and on my chart they wrote ( Patient will not wait ) and that time I did not have to wait, But I never went back after that.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm on a Roll, so Im going to chew up Dentice, I have a good one now but I had to go threw 2 others.One of them was when I was getting my teeth cleaned and the gal said that I needed to have the dentice look and something, so she called him in and he looked in my mouth for about 20 sec. (I timed him) when I went to pay the bill for cleaning his bill for 20 seconds was $42.00, I raised He** and told the secutary to go get him I wanted to talk to him, BUT he was tooooo busy to come out in his waiting room, The Secutary insisted that I make another appointment even after I told her I was never comeing back. The second one would not take my wife in when she had a bad tooth ache.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Hey, whassup, Chuck? I had a dentIST read me a card about the evil of processed sugar--from a "Sugar Busters" diet book--and his assistant showed me how to floss my teeth...at 50 years old, I hadn't figured it out [;)].

Total time expended: 4.5 minutes.
    Bill: $30 nutritional counseling; $30 dental hygiene counseling.
  • Options
    MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the entire medical field people! But I agree with all of you especially salzo. It had nothing to do with my dad, I'm just always early because anything else is inconsiderate and leads to the anger expressed in this thread. Vicious circle ain't it?
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    I had an eye doctor, who had a side business, and he mostly did friends.
    He was ALWAYS late, and if he wasn't 20-30 minutes AT LEAST late, he just didn't show up, and most of my appointments were when he had time when he wasn't working at his other job, so they were at night (which was convenient for me too, but not with how flaky he was), but his office was always closed and his secretary only worked the weekend, so I would wait outside in my car at night for him, I was flaked on at least 3 times (I only kept going back because he was friends with the family).
    I finally told my parents I'm not doing it anymore, and now my optometrist is great.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did the same thing with my cardiologist. My regular doctor said it wasn't a very good idea but he would have done the same thing. Now I have to get another cardiologist. My problem is he was the only one within a hundred miles. Hope the next one is a better time manager or I'll be driving two or three hundred miles to see a doctor.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.