In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Coffee VS ______________

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
edited June 2010 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    The Millions of varieties of TEA put Coffee to shame. TEA is where it's at!!!

TEA is MUCH, MUCH Mo Bettah!
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Coffee VS Death...

Coffee is Life[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You do have a good point.

One can grab all kinds of different leaves, dry them out, and drop them in some hot water, and come up with all manners of tea.

Maybe I'm just full of beans.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS

One can grab all kinds of different leaves, dry them out, and drop them in some hot water, and come up with all manners of tea.

so many varieties of coffee, too. And I don't mean the flavored varieties. Kenya AA, Zimbabwe, Aged Sumatra, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Arabica, French Roast, Italian Roast, Espresso...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302

so many varieties of coffee, too. And I don't mean the flavored varieties. Kenya AA, Zimbabwe, Aged Sumatra, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Arabica, French Roast, Italian Roast, Espresso...

Shhhhhhh

I know.

I just didn't want to hurt Highball's feelins.

My wife gets all these strange "teas" that are s'posed to do all kinds of stuff for your body from helping you sleep, relieving your sinus congestion, to removing your corns.

Go out in the pasture, close your eyes, reach down and grab a handfull of whatever you come to, toss it in some hot water 'till the water is somewhat dis-colored, and call it "tea".

Take that a step further- put some in a box with a picture on the front that gives my wife a warm and fuzzy feeling when she sees it, claim some healing powers, and it is SOLD.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Beans are high in fiber.

Coffee is a catalyst.

Head directly to the throne.

You reckon we autta be just chewin them beans straight up, an swallerin em?

Or just put a pinch between our cheek an gum, an head out the door?
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My coffee type drink has always been hot chocolate.

I do brew my own tea for iced tea.

I use a family sized bag then use one flavored tea, various types most are the so-called healthier teas and that is what I replaced from Pepsi about 4 years ago.

Every system is different and we need to find what works best for our individual body. there is no one size fits all but I am pretty sure soft drinks are not on the good list.

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    bobbyrose512bobbyrose512 Member Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drink both everyday. I do the coffee in the morning and either iced or hot tea at night depending on the weather. I do drink a lot of green tea whether it is better or not? For me that's what works.

Now don't mess with my coffee. Has to be hot and black. The best I have found in Costa Rican. Did a port visit tied up near a coffee processing plant. Nothing like a cup of fresh roasted coffee to get you going.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1

There are hundreds of commercial teas that all start out from the leaf of the same plant. The difference is in the way the leaves are processed.
  • Options
    penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Coffee as thick as it can be made. Strong, no sugar, or cream. Almost like mud for the cooler winter months.

Iced tea for the warmer summer months.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    More trivia: Oil is the most commercially valuable commodity; Coffee is number 2.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    The Millions of varieties of TEA put Coffee to shame. TEA is where it's at!!!

TEA is MUCH, MUCH Mo Bettah!

I'm with you on the tea, but I think it might be a acquired taste.

I've drank vast quantities of coffee for as long as I can remember, but the Brits got me hooked on tea. Then I went back to mostly coffee.

A few years ago the wife convinced me that tea would kill me slower than coffee. I got hooked on tea again and now I actually prefer it to coffee. I still enjoy a cup of coffee from time to time, but tea is my beverage of choice. I average about a gallon of tea a day. Seldom drink iced tea, but I do like it that way.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.