In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Columbine on TV

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
I watched in utter disbelief at the television as the police sat or stood in spitting distance from the library as the two insane kids shot slowly and methodically 16 or more of their schoolmates stopping to reload magazines one round at a time. Even after the shooters left the library to continue shooting people the police stayed outside just listening to the wounded and dying children screaming for help. I don't think you could have kept me out of that school whether I was armed or not. I know what the story was when it happened, but this show has the video tapes from inside the school and unedited news footage from outside.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The police blew that one.
    Sat around waiting for the SWAT team.

That "school resource" officer ought to be in jail. He took a few shots at the bad guys, right at the start of the ordeal, then he hid behind his car and radioed for help.
    Which show is it that you saw? I would like to see it.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    It was on the History channel. That show that has the hour before disaster. I was fit to be tied when they said they were securing the perimeter and containing the situation. Bunch of punks in uniforms collecting a check to hand out tickets to speeders. When John Wayne time is upon them they hide like little girls behind their cars and let two lightly armed untrained kids wreak havoc for hours.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Well, for starters I'll never watch that piece of trash. Second, speaking of John Wayne, those police on the scene along with a lot of other americans could stand more "grit".

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    Mr. BlastyMr. Blasty Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're right, I'm watching that show now. How is it two kids, each with two crappy weapons, can keep an army of cops at bay?
  • Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Cowardice?[:(]

00016286.jpg
    00023904.jpg
    "Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"It's all about shot placement..."
    awcountdown_sm.gif
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOA's newsletter ran a story about this. Check out:

http://gunowners.org/news/n042604.pdf

I saw a few minutes of this on tv. Amazing the gun prohibitionists said about the guns they had (which were all illegally owned) were the problem, but wouldn't touch the fact that they had pipebombs (probably because most people would know they were illegally owned).

They didn't say a word about the bombs, because that would imply a crime before they started shooting. They wanted to make it seem like the guns were legally owned (which they were not), and that stricter gun control would have solved the problem (it would not have).
  • Options
    Mr. BlastyMr. Blasty Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about the 20 lb. propane bombs that failed to detonate?
  • Options
    JerGunJerGun Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about all the teachers, parents, cops that could have done something to thwart this before it happened? How did this kid get and keep all this stuff? How did their parents not know they had all of these things for up to a year before hand? Why were these kids allowed to basically run wild up until this point? I'm not trying to blame the parents or teachers, but maybe someone could've layeth the smacketh down a little sooner.

I'm glad these two idiots shot themselves. I just wish they would have done it out in the woods by themselves and left everyone else alone.

I was asking myself about the cops on scene too. I guess they were scared. Makes me feel a lot better about living in a "no carry" state. [xx(] Thanks Doyle! [xx(]

-JER
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The school resource officer was the worst. He confronted the kids in the parking lot before they ever got into the school. He fired a few shots, I believe he had a 1911 Colt. He missed. Guess he didn't spend too much time at the range. Then he hid behind his car and waited.
    I bet, when it was time to bust a tenth grader with a nickle bag of pot, this school resource officer was a real bad *.
    But when it was time to risk his life to protect those kids, he cowered in fear.
    An intrepid cop, even if he missed his shots in the parking lot, would have run up to the school after the two punks went inside. He would have followed those two weasels into the school.
    It would have been easy to sneak up on them and gun them down.
    Sure, you might have been killed. It didn't occur to this coward, that was what he was being paid for.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Allen,
    Well said, I hope he sleeps good at night.
    [V]
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    JerGunJerGun Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought the school cop had a GLOCK. Unless that was the other guy with him?
    No doubt he was a coward though.

-JER