In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new school guns?

floridashopperfoolfloridashopperfool Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
Do you think any companies will bring out some "new school" guns that would be similar to the tec-9's, cobray's, and kimels' (you know, mostly just the hollywood looking guns) now that the ban has expired and Bush got re-elected?

Comments

• Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    The words school and guns don't go together in modern society. Maybe we could call them modernized guns.
  • Options
    nwsportinggoodsnwsportinggoods Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure hope so.I realy enjoyed those Tec 9's....
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe they'll make a decent one[:D] naw, then they'd be to expensive for gang bangers to buy[}:)]

cody
  • Options
    Ol Grey GhostOl Grey Ghost Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why get a TEC-9 when you can get a thirty-round magazine for a Glock 17/19?
  • Options
    vafrankovafranko Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had 3 Tec-9s when I had FFL. Glad to get rid of them. Shoots like a lame duck knuckleball

Franko
  • Options
    floridashopperfoolfloridashopperfool Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's funny, vafranko! the knuckle duck thingy. heh heh heh. anywhoo. regardless of all that I think it would be pretty cool if some company made some "modernized" guns. Just some normal 'ol semi-automatic with the para-military/modernized look.... something different, something new. hey, maybe one of the bigwhigs at the manufacturers will see this??[8D]
  • Options
    Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Tec9 and Cobrays look archaic when compared with something like the Beretta Cx4 or the HK SL-8. How "new school" do you want? Tec-9's are just el-cheapo semi auto plastic offspring of M3 grease guns from WWII.

Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    Yeah G, hopefully it'll come out in metallic blue so I can match it with my new Jordans, or maybe a dark red to match my reeboks

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ol Grey Ghost
    Or get a thirty round mag for a Beretta and not have to own such an ugly gun.[;)]
  • Options
    nocagesnocages Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The change in technology is always increasing. I think we'll see some amazing things in the future.

sniper.gif

God Speed With All Of Our Troops~
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:quote:
    Originally posted by Ol Grey Ghost

Or get a thirty round mag for a Beretta and not have to own such an ugly gun.

But they just don't look as cool ,never mind the fact that they will function through the entire magazine ,and have accuracy beyond ten yards ,they just don't look as cool

To me it would be similar to have a neat looking car that doesn't run ,or a ordinary car that runs great ,looking at it in those terms most people will pick the car that run great because they have to get to work and other places ,but when their life could be on the line ,they pick a p.o.s. ,I have one in the safe ,I got on a deal {very cheap} ,it is the third one I have had since 86 ,I don't think any of them ever made it half way through the mag without a jam ,and when they jam ,they jam in such a way it is unbelievable ,you have to pull the mag ,try to hold the bolt open while fishing out the bullet ,I have had one turn completely upside down ,and force the bullet totally backwards ,pushing the bullet head almost flush in the case
  • Options
    nwsportinggoodsnwsportinggoods Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Question on a Tec 9 if a person was to buy one brand new in the box and it fired in full auto only would this be legal.if it came straight from the factory like this.I have heard of this happening.
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ummmmmmmmm. no
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well NWS it would be legal if it was registed and I am not sure any were made before 1986 (I dont know much aobut Tec-9). Is is legal to own machingegun but some stats dont allow it. To make a long story short to privately own a machingegun it has to have been made before 1986, be registed, and transfered through a class 3 dealer. If you would like to know run a search here, it has been gone over many times. If you dont find you answer start a new post wiht that question.

John
  • Options
    SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So say if Bushmaster accidently sent me an M16 but it had all the markings of a regular AR15....would it be legal for me to keep it?

Or say that Mac accidently sent me an open bolt Mac 10 that wasnt built right and fired on fullauto only....could I keep it? Or say they just sent me a semi auto open bolt Mac 10...could I keep it?

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg
    47789.gif

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    No SK you couldnt.............You would have to ship it to me and tell NO one [:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

John
  • Options
    Ol Grey GhostOl Grey Ghost Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Silent Knight:

The ATF actually has a special number for you to call to report such a situation and they will take care of it for you (namely confiscate the firearm, prosecute the dunderhead who sold it to you, and make you bend over to prove you didn't know it was that way when you bought it).

Vector Arms assembles a pretty good Uzi if everyone if looking for a blast from the past to amaze their friends with.