In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New law coming from AZ shooting

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
It will be illegal to use crosshairs in relation to a government official such as using it on a map.
This was discussed today by a government conference call to extend the laws that protect the President to all government officials.
Pointing a finger at an official would also be illegal.

0808-0809-1213-0534.jpg

Pointing the finger at Sarah Palin, this is what the left-wingers are blaming the AZ shooting on.

SARAH-PALIN-TARGET-LIST.jpg
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guess the First Amendment Rights will be the first to go.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thou shall not kill.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A spokesman for Palin said the symbols weren't cross-hairs....but actually a "surveying symbol"

Even Palin's PR people are dumb as rocks.....
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I guess the republicans in the house will sign onto it too?

Boy this isnt self serving or anything.
  • Options
    Brian98579Brian98579 Member Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    A spokesman for Palin said the symbols weren't cross-hairs....but actually a "surveying symbol"

Even Palin's PR people are dumb as rocks.....

These are survey symbols. Notice the symbols in the top right hand corner. See any resemblance...

surveysymbols.gif
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    something like .00015 of the population is violently insane, the best defense against them is people that will put them down without hesitation when they become a clear and present threat to others.

Its idiotic to subject the entire population to idiotic laws targeting the violently insane, and the only purpose for doing so by the state is to give itself more control.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOSLEEP

These are survey symbols. Notice the symbols in the top right hand corner. See any resemblance...

Not really.....unless we're going with the theory that Palin's PAC labeled the districts in question as Power Poles.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    quick-kinda like ORKIN does[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Not really.....unless we're going with the theory that Palin's PAC labeled the districts in question as Power Poles.

No. Try again. They are called symbols. Starts with an S and ends with an S.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a finger pointed at them alright!
  • Options
    edited November -1

You're reaching pretty far....just what "symbols" do they represent, specifically?

I don't have a problem with Palin's map. I do have a problem with their half-assed denials of what the symbols are supposed to mean.

They could have simply said "We had identified and targeted certain seats in Congress" and left it at that.

Palin isn't the only one who has used that kind of imagery....Hell, Joe Manchin actually SHOT "Cap and Trade" during a campaign ad
  • Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess holding a person responsible for their own violent action is just to easy of a solution.
    Gotta blame someone I guess
  • Options
    edited November -1

You're reaching pretty far....just what "symbols" do they represent, specifically?

I don't have a problem with Palin's map. I do have a problem with their half-assed denials of what the symbols are supposed to mean.

They could have simply said "We had identified and targeted certain seats in Congress" and left it at that.

Palin isn't the only one who has used that kind of imagery....Hell, Joe Manchin actually SHOT "Cap and Trade" during a campaign ad

It is what it is... You are at liberty to read whatever you want into it. Not so for this inquiring mind...
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like a crayon pic by a 1st grader is a violent act & should be dealt with by immediate law enforcement action....crap
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Just some upset politician flapping his gums. It ain't a new law coming, it's just part of the noise coming out of this horror.

Palin is a freaking moron anyway. After she loses the next election I'm hoping she will finally fold up her circus tent and fade the hell away.
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

the legiscritters would probably have a problem with your use of "targeted"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It should not be illegal to do what Palin did. It should only be repugnant to all Americans.

We used to do worse things when we were a young Republic, still had a ways to go and grow out of our adolescence. Used to be that everyone's votes were public and people at times had to fight their way to the polls. There were a number of killings before 1850 of voters by thugs in the employ of politicians trying to keep them away from the polls. Those very same politicians would routinely use the most outlandish and despicable slurs against their opponents.

We grew up, got past all that. Until recently.

Now we have people using the images of war and killing and fighting and treason and such to stir up voters. By no means are we as bad off as those first decades, but we sure have a lot of us working to bring it back.

No, they don't think they are. They are just having fun, expressing themselves. Acting irresponsibly just because they have a right to act that way.

Palin should be ashamed of what she did and that has nothing to do with this incident, I sincerely hope. But she's too poorly educated, too wrapped up in her little personal myth and too stupid to know any better.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next time you get a Xray, tell the tech you don't want her to use a aiming light on you....
    A cross in a circle or square can be used in almost any device that needs to be spotted with precision.......Not just firearms....To suggest that it is improper, or had anything to do with with this, is just plain stupid....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    guess the First Amendment Rights will be the first to go.

too late for that, the Second Amendment got shot down long ago.
  • Options
    floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Thou shall not kill.

Are you trying to quote the Bible?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    It should not be illegal to do what Palin did. It should only be repugnant to all Americans.

Why should it be repugnant? She didn't advocate violence....the ad specifically stated the goal was to "take back" those seats.

Palin's ad was certainly aggressive, but not even close to being over the line.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Palin should be ashamed of what she did and that has nothing to do with this incident, I sincerely hope.All that was done was to use benign-imagery to make the point of 'targetting' certain seats, for the taking.

Period, end of story.

I find it sickening to see an attempt to tie such symbolic imagery to the actions of a mad-man.

This crap is why government is so intrusive and predatory. We are peopled and governed by those who hold such views.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess LT496 you are not dumb after all. The world will end within the next few hours because I find my self agreeing with you. Will wonders never cease.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twenty percent of the people in this country are insane.
    Twenty percent of the people in this country identify themselves as "Liberal".
    Coincidental, I'm sure.
  • Options
    thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is so sick is that the Dem's will use this incident to attack Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and any Tea Party people. They stretch any words these people said and infer they are stirring up people to commit sensless violence.
    This is so far from the truth, but the Dems's can not pass up an opportunity like this to attack the right and label them hate mongers.
    They allow the mentally ill to live in society instead of locked up, and when these predators attack the innocent they blame
    guns or the "right" instead of their own failed policies.
    We don't want to see this happen to our worst political foes, and we are praying for the hurt and wounded.
    I will go one step farther. The left has taken God out of our businesses, our goverment, our schools, and when these tradegies happen they say "Where was God". They have no idea that living without God has consequences, but they put their trust in burdensome laws and human understanding, so sad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    I find it sickening to see an attempt to tie such symbolic imagery to the actions of a mad-man.

Sickening? Really? Mere words had that effect upon you? Wow, now that is surprising.

I would agree that people should not claim that this specific incident was caused by anything outside of the killer's actions.

But generically we are lying to ourselves when we claim that words, images and how we present them have no effect.

After all, I just made you sick with my words, an entirely unintended consequence.

Sincerely, I didn't mean to.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Chris why are you jumping Palin? Don't you know this is just what the gun control people want? For Gods sake jump on an anti right to bear arms person not some one thats on our side.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Chris why are you jumping Palin? Don't you know this is just what the gun control people want? For Gods sake jump on an anti right to bear arms person not some one thats on our side.

Sarah Palin is not on our side, she is on Sarah Palin's side and has repeatedly demonstrated this fact. Stating the honest truth about someone should never be influenced by political affiliations.

Palin has consistently lied about her performance as Mayor of Wasilla, her economic impact on that town's finances was severely negative. She left them with a big real estate mess that took years to settle in court. She lied about Earmarks, being for them before she was against them and then still being for them while claiming to be against them. She quit her sworn duty to the people of Alaska for profit.

She failed at being a mayor, then a VP candidate, then a governor, now she is steadily attempting to become something else again. I wish she would have herself an epiphany or some such and get the hell out of politics before her fool antics contribute to another screwed up election.

What happened to being a selfless servant to the people? Where did that sneak off to?

But because she makes a show of being a Hockey Mom and a Sportswoman and a Conservative Christian Lady we are supposed to think her a leader? A Figure of merit in the Conservative Constellation?

I think not.

However, if not for the political angle, she'd be quite admirable. I mean that most sincerely.

As to confronting anti-gun people, whenever the opportunity presents itself I do so with vigor. I debate them politely, never insultingly or with harsh language. If facts and truth will not move them my way, certainly doing things in a combative manner will only add steam to their pipes. Why help them by acting as they imagine me to be, at my worst behavior? That would be self defeating.

Were there anti-gunners here posting comments, I'd speak to them. But there are not so I do not.

Why would I try to talk to people who are not here? That would be ... "odd".
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One word that scares democrats. Palin![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by txlawdog
    One word that scares democrats. Palin![8D]

Oh no, they ain't scared of her. They are down on their knees praying she will run for President.

For the political Left, Palin is a gift that just doesn't stop giving. Their outrage over what she says and does fires up her supporters and eggs her on, they know this.

There are crafty political operators across the political spectrum. A Palin run would aid a Republican loss and a Democratic win in 2012. Every poll shows this.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were trying real hard to throw the Tea Party under the bus on Face the Nation yesterday.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    obama_crosshairs.jpg

I call it art.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: Palin has consistently lied
    like the POS trying to run this country hasn't
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwb267
    quote: Palin has consistently lied
    like the POS trying to run this country hasn't

This is not an honest statement. Obama has either delivered on promises or tried to. Being for or against someone should not enter into evaluating their honesty. Whatever failings we may assign to him, he has not lied about his intentions or actions. No factual review of the last two years could come to such a conclusion.

Yes, Palin has consistently lied. Damned sad state of affairs when one of our biggest Conservative figures has a history as full phoniness and failures as Sarah Palin.

Again, as I have said in other threads, defending conservatives who fail or the conservative party generally because I am one myself would be dishonest when not supported by the facts. This is a point I have made in other threads, are we to be Americans First, Last and Always or are we to be Party Members? Which is the more important?

I do not pledge my allegiance lightly and certainly not to a political party nor to any individual political figure.

I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    Francis Bellamy, Baptist Minister, September 8, 1892

That is a beautiful statement to me. Clean, precise and to the point.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what ever YOU want to believe
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems the Dems had their own map in 2004

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/205769.php
    [img][/img]demmap.jpg

Kinda of the pot calling the kettle black
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Chris, "HERE" is not the only place on the web to post ones views. Why not post on some of the anti gun sites?
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chris, "HERE" is not the only place on the web to post ones views. Why not post on some of the anti gun sites?

He would be preaching to the choir then.....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I have blogged on many sites, this is just the latest one. Been doing so for years. Been on the internet for twenty years, coming up on twenty-one.

Odd to me that this is the first place anyone has ever suggested I should not be posting here.