In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Did the lion have a name? That's why the mindless libs are seething, because his name was Cecil.

I always wanted to see the lion in the wizard of oz get his * kicked.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was Leo the Lion from MGM
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe he was the Lion King...[:o)]
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He shot it with a double rifle too..........nice and classy[;)]

Good shooting mayor, By him shooting that Lion and Hippo he has done more for the economy, people and wildlife preservation than anyone who is protesting hunting.
    RLTW

• gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

Good shooting mayor, By him shooting that Lion and Hippo he has done more for the economy, people and wildlife preservation than anyone who is protesting hunting.

+1[;)]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Did you see those two Cape Buffs?....The Stimpson family spends more on conservation than Peta does...
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yep. This recent incident -- due to the potential backlash any hunter might experience if he went to Africa for a hunt -- is going to deliver a devastating blow to many African communities and hinder wildlife preservation efforts there.

"Animal protection" activists should be careful what they wish for.

related story from earlier this year: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32815508
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought Cecil was a seasick sea serpent.[8D]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    He killed KIMBA!!![B)]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Cape Gun [:D]
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always thought it was a waste to kill such a fine creature, and unmanly at best. if they want something to brag about with a stuffed chopped off head on the wall, anybody can kill lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) with a friggin' .460 Nitro set up for dangerous game, and an assistant or two standing by just in case. the beast didn't have a chance. is that manly? courageous? no! laughable. a pencil necked geek accountant with skinny white legs and blue tube socks can do that.

Japanese used to hunt bears with spears. Africans used to hunt elephants by mobbing them 20 at a time with spears, and not all of them survived. I was going to say that nobody was foolish enough to hunt lions and tigers, but even then there was a way that Africans knew how to hunt lions with spears.

that was courageous. using a rifle is not courageous. if the ding dong wants to call that a trophy, he did little more than rob the vending machine.

and it's still a waste, and a tragedy, if you ask me.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will eagerly await the video of you climbing aboard an elk and slitting its throat with a pocket knife.

Now that would be some manly chit right there. Sho nuff.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    I always thought it was a waste to kill such a fine creature, and unmanly at best. if they want something to brag about with a stuffed chopped off head on the wall, anybody can kill lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) with a friggin' .460 Nitro set up for dangerous game, and an assistant or two standing by just in case. the beast didn't have a chance. is that manly? courageous? no! laughable. a pencil necked geek accountant with skinny white legs and blue tube socks can do that.

Japanese used to hunt bears with spears. Africans used to hunt elephants by mobbing them 20 at a time with spears, and not all of them survived. I was going to say that nobody was foolish enough to hunt lions and tigers, but even then there was a way that Africans knew how to hunt lions with spears.

that was courageous. using a rifle is not courageous. if the ding dong wants to call that a trophy, he did little more than rob the vending machine.

Wait....,..what?
    Vote for Hillary too?
    WTH.,..
    edited November -1

...the waste ,is to have a valuable asset and not use it....Big Game hunting in Africa has been a staple of food for the natives since the first European settlers arrived!....Would I go and kill a hell no.. because I have no desire to do so, but many other folks like it....I don't play golf,but others do...If I eat beef, a cow has to die..I would only kill big game for survival,but the Mayor has his own rules of the road..Its fine to disagree with African Big Cat hunting , but to each his own..[:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    I always thought it was a waste...

Wait....,..what?
    Vote for Hillary too?
    WTH.,..
    not at all. I don't know where you got that from.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And after they were introduced to firearms they used firearms to take these critters. Be like us fighting in the middle east with flintlocks to prove our toughness.
    edited November -1

Wait....,..what?
    Vote for Hillary too?
    WTH.,..

I'm trying to figure out what courage has to with it.
    Does it take courage to catch a big fish? Or shoot a Grouse or Mourning Dove? How about a bull Elk?
    edited November -1

Wait....,..what?
    Vote for Hillary too?
    WTH.,..

I'm trying to figure out what courage has to with it.
    Does it take courageous to catch a big fish? Or shoot a Grouse or Mourning Dove? How about a bull Elk?
    those are food. this was supposed to be some sort of trophy.
    edited November -1
    For one he shot the lion with a bow. I shot my Lioness with a 30-06.
    Still has nothing to do with courage. Nerves,yes.
    The Natives took every scrap of mine to eat. I kept the hide for a rug and the skull. Without hunting in Africa, there would be no game left.
    edited November -1
    When my wife took me to "Mortons" steak house ,(at the Golden Nugget) and the waiter brought out the huge "Bone In Rib Eye"....I thought : Wow my wife knows how to hunt! What a trophy!....[:o)]
    edited November -1
    Hunters and Guide services utilize a natural commodity for the continuation of herd animals..the balance is what keeps the planet alive...
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lion lives matter.[:D]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    111 humans killed in saint Louis this year, no big deal I guess

maybe we should kill more lions so it becomes the norm, and no one will care