In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10K reward for conviction of Daley

bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Publicity stunt or not, this is the greatest thing I have seen in a great long while!!!

GOP sets bounty to convict Daley

By John Chase
Tribune staff reporter
Published July 27, 2005

Although it doesn't actually have the money on hand to pay up, the Cook County Republican Party announced Tuesday it is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the indictment and conviction of Mayor Richard Daley.

The bounty on Daley's head immediately drew disdain from the mayor's office and even some Republicans, who described it as a "stunt."

Daley has not been accused of wrongdoing in connection with the federal investigation of City Hall.

But Cook County GOP Chairman Gary Skoien defended the reward, which would go to any whistle-blower who provides information leading to the indictment and conviction of Daley for fraud related to patronage hiring or corruption.

Skoien said it's about time Republicans stood up to the mayor. He said the county GOP made the monetary offer because "some people are motivated by other things." He also said the move would not interfere with the investigation.

"We will turn over all information, but some people don't want to come forward and speak to officials with the U.S. attorney's office, so we're giving them another way," Skoien said.

As Skoien made the announcement, state election records showed the county Republican Party, a vastly smaller operation than its dominant Democratic counterpart, has only $3,854 in its bank account. Skoien promised the party would acquire the $10,000 if it needed to pay the reward.

Daley spokeswoman Jacquelyn Heard described the bounty as "ridiculous, politically motivated and undeserving of any further comment," while state Sen. Kirk Dillard, chairman of the DuPage County GOP, said he wouldn't have done it.

"I think Republicans have plenty of ammunition coming from the U.S. attorney's office and investigative reporters without having to resort to stunts," he said.

Officials with the state Republican Party said people should come forward with information but "we will leave it to the Cook County Republican Party to decide how they will encourage that process."

Others applauded the effort, including state Sen. Steve Rauschenberger of Elgin, who is expected to run for governor.

"I'm proud of the Cook County party beginning the process of standing up to the mayor," he said.

SALLY
Committee member-Ducks Unlimited

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Can't wait til someone does it for Bush.[}:)]
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh please. You don't think there's millions (if not billions--Sauros) behind a successful stab at Bush already?
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    Oh please. You don't think there's millions (if not billions--Sauros) behind a successful stab at Bush already?
    Its a sure bet that thousands of terrorists want Bush dead or out of office.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just think if there was a $10k bounty on every citizen's head -for anything anybody ever knew you did bad!

I'd be scared!

Screw Allah & Have a Great Day!
    faces.jpg
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by targetshootr
    A Bush impeachment should bring a more respectable amount of $10 billion considering all the damage he's done and the people he's gotten killed for no good reason.

Good English!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Getting back to the original subject

Incase those of you that do not know who this p.o.s. is, he is responsible for the biggest anti-gun campaign in the state of Illinois, every bill banning guns in the state of Illinois has been drafted by this idiot

I would gladly pay the ten grand if I had it