In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new year's guns st. louis style (audio)

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
this is for the country folk who don't know what it's like in the city with people shooting off their guns all over to celebrate. here ya go.

hooked up a microphone to the computer, stuck it out the window, converted .wav to .mp3 and uploaded it.

runs from 11:58 to 12:06. you can tell they got a head start on me. it's safe to turn your volume all the way up if you want to get the whole experience. remember, this is in the city.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hnr2ljymyil

takes you to the download page

Comments

• Options
    woodguruwoodguru Member Posts: 2,850
    edited November -1
    We're in the country and there are guys that were ripping ordinance of some kind, there was something going off with seriously deep thuds, one guy ripped a clip through an AK-47 in several full auto bursts.
  • Options
    justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you upload to UTube? Mediafire can't handle the traffic!
  • Options
    justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by justusnospam
    Can you upload to UTube? Mediafire can't handle the traffic!

Never mind. Got there and to the download page, but too timid to download from strangers... Missed the download part... what about an upload to utube?
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you moving to the country anytime soon?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    funny that happens all over saint louis, my first experience was when i was in the restaurant business at grand and penrose, the entire freakin neighborhood steps out on the porch to show all the other neighbors they are armed too,that was in the 80's and it its worse now some are building cannons

and you could bet the farm 90% of the guns are not legal
  • Options
    _bruno__bruno_ Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in St. Charles and I heard some shots going off too. Didn't think I'd get that out here.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hit the dirt!!! I wouldn't want to be out there with all that going on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ya what goes up must come down, i dont care what myth busters claim, they shot straight up, and the bullets only reached terminal velocity coming back down, but add a trajectory and it all changes, i know first hand, when i was a kid we had one come through our roof, and it landed 3 feet in front of me on the floor and just sat there and spun like a bottle

{or it was a sign from above telling me my destiny}[:D]
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Similar in Detroit last night. I live in an adjacent suburb so there was probably more in the city. What was different was a few loud explosions that weren't from fireworks.

Will need to check the roof for leaks.

A local gun range cut off ammo sales a few days before New Years, except a box at a time and then only if they were going on the range. Owner said he usuallly sells quite a bit of ammo those few days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    humm saint louis, detroit, what is it that those have in common to where the entire city damn near has lack of common sense and disregard for the safety of others

hmmm! i cant place it