In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Amazon

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Who orders from them. Been getting spam telling me my order was canceled and they want me to log into their site. I have no open orders, so kind of hard to cancel one.

4-5 of these each day.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I usually check my bank account about twice a day for any fraudulent activity. Today I spotted a $99.00 withdrawal by Amazon for prime a membership fee. Amazon has been keeping my card on file for purchases. I did not sign up for prime membership. They just withdrew the funds and signed me up without my permission. That takes a lot of Dam nerve. I immediately got on line and terminated the prime membership. I was notified that I would receive a refund within 5 days.
    I wonder how many million people they do this to. They could borrow a lot of money that way interest free. It could be worked like a Ponzi scheme. Bezos is the founder and CEO of Amazon. He is no friend of Trump. Big Democrat. I just deleted my credit card from Amazon account.
    BEWARE
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i ordered for the first time in years about a month ago and every since then i been getting those emails too

edit: the link attached is a php virus
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Google to find sellers, and then try to buy direct.

Jeff Bezoz is an antigun scum, so anything I can do to put him out of business is good.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just checked my "junk" folder and I have about 5 of them. None made it to my inbox though.

Jon
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Amazon very often, I'm a Prime member, and I've never experienced what you describe!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77
    I just checked my "junk" folder and I have about 5 of them. None made it to my inbox though.

Jon

I check my Junk Mail often that was why I found them.
  • Options
    KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Jeff Bezoz is an antigun scum, so anything I can do to put him out of business is good.

Agree, it pains me that my wife is an Amazon Prime addict.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Long Time member, recently became a prime member. No similar problem.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    I use Amazon very often, I'm a Prime member, and I've never experienced what you describe!

Same here. If we boycotted every company that's anti gun we would only be able to buy stuff at flea markets.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    I use Google to find sellers, and then try to buy direct.

Good luck with that...

He's not anti gun. His security detail is armed to the teeth. He just doesn't think you need them. Totally different.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Jeff Bezos net worth just passed 85 BILLION dollars!
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    I've been getting the same thing, Grumpy.

It's, what I believe to be, a scam to phish for your personal information/Amazon's login credentials. I haven't clicked on the link that they provide, but I'm guessing that's it.

I'm sure everybody knows this, but, please delete these emails, and don't click on the order number they provide.

Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one getting these scam-emails. They come from different addys, too.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i gettum ...SCAM....never open ....delete, BLOCK
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes Ebay orders clear thru Amazon. If you cancel a ebay order like that. After a few days it clears thru. You get a separated cancel notice thru Amazon.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get them also. Figured it was a scammer or virus.

But I'm paranoid and keep a heads up and delete.
    and I knew I had not cancelled a order nor ordered anything that they would cancel.[:(]

It's more fake news from Russia.[;)]
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

+1
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    lkbensonlkbenson Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's spam...Don't open it. Just delete it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    Sometimes Ebay orders clear thru Amazon. If you cancel a ebay order like that. After a few days it clears thru. You get a separated cancel notice thru Amazon.

that is not what this is
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc

Have not ordered from {elsewhere} in years. So that must mean it takes years to clear.

I would suggest not opening any link but do report it as a Phishing Scam to your e-mail provider.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been a prime member for years. Never gotten one of these either. Bummer!
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got two of them awhile ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(][:(]
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use it all the time! Prime member, no problems.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    I'm a Prime member also with no bad experience. But thinking about it, your Amazon account profile requires an email address that they can confirm orders and shipments to. Any security problems with your order information may be with your email mail account, not Amazon. Do you get email forwarded to your smart phone? There are multiple possibilities for phishing. Once again, don't open them. You might try creating a new secure email address for your Amazon account. Don't forget to check it if your actively buying. Just a thought.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whether you do business with Amazon or not has no connection to those emails. It is a phishing attempt. Delete it and move on.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never order from them as they are the highest place you can order from.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you get a cancelled order email from amazon it is a virus. Don't open it. I got one about 10 days ago and had to clean my computer. I found out before it did a lot of damage. Go to Amazon web site and check your orders if you have any.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exactly. I have gotten more than a few this week from "Appel" on an email not associated with my AppleID. It looks real and people fall for it everyday. GunBroker users are also often targeted but the spoofs are so bad most of our users know better.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've gotten several. I forwarded two to Amazon but no reply from them & no warning on their site that I can see.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been getting them in my junk folder. I use Amazon but knew these are scams and didn't open them. Now I'm getting e-mails my {elsewhere} orders have been canceled, I don't even have an {elsewhere} account.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I occasionally do, if they're the cheapest price. I've had no problems like that here
  • Options
    edited November -1