In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NO WORK!

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
I called a company I did a lot of work for in the past years (approx 25 years)yesterday and was told he would get back with me today.

I just called him and he told me he hired a bunch of Mexicans instead through one guy that he pays. This is just what I was saying happened to me in Florida!

I asked him if they were all legal and I was told by the Contractor that he didn't know because he only pays the one Mexican person.

This Has Got To Stop!

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
[img][/img]
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    Or at least the fact that the mexican is the only one exploiting the other mexicans should stop.
    Us white people should be able to make money off of exploiting illegal mexicans as well.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    First of all, I am in total agreement with you. The illegals in this country has gotten way out of control and something needs to be done...like yesterday.

But, I have one question for you. Are you willing to do the work those Mexicans are doing for the same pay they are earning?

If the answer is no, then the illegals problem will never be really taken care of. Simple economics. Why should someone pay you alot more money for the same job done. Simple economics.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bsally

Maybe if I didn't have to pay Taxes, could live with 12 others in an apartment, get free medical care and a drivers license then yes maybe I could throw away all the experiance I have and time doing drywall and settle for those wages.

Unfortunately I spent the past 25 years going from making less then $250 a week to $600 dollars a week raising two kids paying doctors, dentists, rent, taxes and all the other incedentals that come with what is supposed to be working towards my easy years as a UNITED STATES TAXPAYING CITIZEN!.

No one knows that these people are even in the Country (says Dick Cheny last week). Those are our taxes that have been spent on the illegals that we will never get back and they will never pay.

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    bsally

Maybe if I didn't have to pay Taxes, could live with 12 others in an apartment, get free medical care and a drivers license then yes maybe I could throw away all the experiance I have and time doing drywall and settle for those wages.

Unfortunately I spent the past 25 years going from making less then $250 a week to $600 dollars a week raising two kids paying doctors, dentists, rent, taxes and all the other incedentals that come with what is supposed to be working towards my easy years as a UNITED STATES TAXPAYING CITIZEN!.

No one knows that these people are even in the Country (says Dick Cheny last week). Those are our taxes that have been spent on the illegals that we will never get back and they will never pay.

Amen.... Why should we as Americans settle for Mexican wages?  The Mexicans don't even settle for Mexican wages, they come here for American wages and way of life.  Being illegal allows them to circumvent their responsibility to OUR Country.  As American Citizens we pay our way and the burdens caused by the illegal workers.  Call immigration and do not take no for an answer, call Bill O'Reilley, call the local news call every SOB that will listen and get the illegal criminals sent back.  Call the State for workers comp and file a complaint.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    While it is legal to subcontract for labor the subcontractor still falls under the same legal requirements the owner would if he hired the help. Insurances, SS and tax withholdings etc. Ask the contractors name and see if he is following the rules. If not make a phone call to your AG. Or do like everyone else does "sue".
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Point is, as long as the cheap labor is available it will be utilized.
    And if you are not willing to work for less, you will not work at all. The situation sucks, but unfortunately it is reality right now. It needs to be changed.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Pretty simple solution...turn him into the INS

AND

The IRS!!

Both love to hear these things!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dakotashooter2.
    quote: While it is legal to subcontract for labor the subcontractor still falls under the same legal requirements the owner would if he hired the help. Insurances, SS and tax withholdings etc.
    That is Absolutly False!

Here in Pa all you need is General Liablity Insurance.
    The hired Sub-Contractor (Legal Mexican)is the only one who needs the insurance and is supposed to report to his Insuance Agency the number of people working for him and supply Workmans Compensation for them.
    If he doesn't report having Employees, no one ever knows and no one ever asks.

Insurance is $215 a year for $500,000 coverage for what I do.

Once the IRS catches up with him he just High Tails it to somewhere else.

I decided an hour ago to dedicate the rest of my life (what is left of it) to remove as many illgals from the United States as possiable by using the system, this include the many, many illegal Bosnians Czech Republicans and Polish who are interpolating America.

P.S.
    There is no more INS.
    Check Out;
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=151498

[img][/img]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    call every SOB that will listen
    There lies the problem. No one will listen.
    It's a catch and release situation.
    IF they catch them, they are just going to let them go. [:(!]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    INS and if the first guy does not listen keep moving up the ladder until someone does listen

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." -- Will Rogers

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Aha! Two pet peeves of mine in one thread - illegal aliens and inequitable tax structure.

The tax/revenue system, primarily focused on legal and declared income, puts a hugely unfair burden on the legal income-earner, ergo tax-payer. Simply tax consumption instead. At the point of sale, whether it is a Canadian tourist, an illegal Mexican, a U.S. schoolteacher or an American entrepreneur doing business on a cash basis, collect 20% (or whatever is deemed adequate) "sales tax" on the can of soda or pair of Levi's. That way everybody pays their way. Even a U.S. Congressman would be appropriately taxed on his HUM-V and his duck camp on Lake Cocodrie.

As to the illegal alien question, well I don't think the people here take it seriously enough to vigorously enforce existing regulations. We can certainly defend our borders but it would require a determined effort and the excercise of harsh methods. It seems to me that we ought to think of our nation the way we think of our home. We have established protocol for allowing people into our homes, and we are prepared to deal severely with the criminal crawling through our window. I don't see why the combination of a sensible naturalization system and strictly-enforced border security cannot be implemented. One complements the other and neither diminishes our nation's continued rich and healthy cultural diversity.

"Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment and learn again to exercise his will - his personal responsibility in the realm of faith and morals."
    Albert Schweitzer, 1875-1965
  • Options
    Tommy_2_pocketsTommy_2_pockets Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by timbroman
    Simply tax consumption instead. At the point of sale, whether it is a Canadian tourist, an illegal Mexican, a U.S. schoolteacher or an American entrepreneur doing business on a cash basis, collect 20% (or whatever is deemed adequate) "sales tax" on the can of soda or pair of Levi's. That way everybody pays their way. Even a U.S. Congressman would be appropriately taxed on his HUM-V and his duck camp on Lake Cocodrie.

And the great thing about the consumption tax is that the black market gives everyone the chance to avoid taxes instead of just the rich!

If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. If you can't pick it up, paint it.