In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Frontier days

PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anybody here been to Cheyenne Frontier days, I'm going this year to check it out, just wondering what to expect. Sounds like it is a big crowd. I don't like crowds or maybe I just don't like people, but gonna check it out anyways.

Comments

• gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I live in Cheyenne. It will most likely be a good time for you and yours. Rides, concerts, rodeo and all that cowboy rough stuff. Personally, I will go one day to the fair and eat my corn dog and funnel cake and get the he77 out. The people that live here cant stand it because of the influx of people who do not respect the town. Also the drunks are out of control.

Have fun,
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sucks that people go someplace and disrespect the area. This will be my first real vacation in my 41 yrs of life. I will be drunk, but have never been known to get out of control. We will only be there for 4 days, the rest of my vacation we will be in Montana and South Dakota.
  • RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was there once maybe 40 years ago.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Have a good time and be safe. Drink lots of water! Its usually dry and hot and many end up in the er as a result of dehydration etc.quote:Originally posted by PSFD DONKEY
    It sucks that people go someplace and disrespect the area. This will be my first real vacation in my 41 yrs of life. I will be drunk, but have never been known to get out of control. We will only be there for 4 days, the rest of my vacation we will be in Montana and South Dakota.
  • EO1EO1 Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hit Cheyenne once a month for Guard. Glad I wont be there during CFD.
  • bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Been going there off and on for 50 years , my dad rode broncs there in the 60's. It was and still is one of our favorites. We live just down the road in Greeley.....Bull
  • team roper ozzyteam roper ozzy Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey bull300wsm do you ride bulls?...just checking cause i do up here in Michigan..would be interested in hearing a few stories about your father's riding days[:D]
  • bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by team roper ozzy
    hey bull300wsm do you ride bulls?...just checking cause i do up here in Michigan..would be interested in hearing a few stories about your father's riding days[:D]

TR Ozzy I use to in the late 60's and early 70's till I got hurt in 72.Broke both sides of my jaw and ruptured several discs on a bull here in Colorado. It was a no brainer to figure out I need to try something else so my dad , brother and I started team roping. My dad rode saddlebroncs and * horses ,steer wrestled, team roped and roped calves till he was in his 50's and still starts his own colts at 78 years young. Here are a few pics of my dad....Check out some of the old cars in the third pic....kind of dates the time....Bull

[img][/img]KensPictures0027.jpg
    KensPictures0001.jpg
    KensPictures0009.jpg
  • team roper ozzyteam roper ozzy Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    very cool...thanks for sharing..i started out heading in team roping and have given that up for bull riding..due to cost of horse ownership it ended my effort....coulndt afford to buy a quality horse,,told the wife that i needed to stay in rodeo so i switched up..glad to report no injury yet[:D]nice family history you have!!!
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We went there about 4 years ago. We enjoyed it but I don't know what you'd do there for 4 days. We considered it "been there , done that" in one day.